Wednesday, August 19, 2009

With Sympathy for a Pet

Hi friends,
I made this card for a friend of mine who had to put down her kitty, Mitchell. He was with her for over 15 years so naturally she's heartbroken at the loss of him. I've never had a pet that long, but I can imagine how hard it must be to have to make that tough decision and how hard it must be not to have him around. He was going downhill fast- bleeding out of his ears- awful stuff!
So I hope my card makes her feel a little better.

I brayered this card- which was a first for me. I was surprised at the process because it's very much like coloring with Copics---> lots of blending & layering ink! But for being my very first attempt, I'm pretty happy with the results :)

Here's the inside, decorated very simply. I don't usually show the inside of my cards (even though I usually decorate those too), but I wanted to share the sentiment inside:
It reads, "No matter how or when we lose our furry friends, their love lasts a lifetime." This sentiment comes from the With Sympathy- Loss of a Pet set from Paper Trey Ink. It comes with 3 beautiful sentiments & a little paw print for $5. It's something you don't come across everyday, but nice to have for sad times like these when it may be difficult to find the right words to say.

Thank you so much for peekin' today :) I'm working my way through the mess in my classroom, trying to get ready for my new batch of kiddos--- Gotta go!

6 comments:

  1. Great job brayering.

    Very thoughtful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special card for your friend. She will appreciate your thoughtfulness with this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card for your friend, I'm sure she'll be touched. The brayering is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karli, this is an awesome card. So beautiful. So someone who loves cats and has many friends with cats, I often need to make a pet sympathy card, but there aren't many people making and posting them online for others to view for ideas.
    It is so nice to see that you've posted one. And I'll need to check out that PaperTrey stamp set you used. Looks like one I'm gonna need to purchase.

    Thanks for sharing this!
    :)
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and perfect for someone who has lost their fur baby. I think I might need to get this stamp set! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin