Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's Hello-ween time!

Hi friends,
I was playing with my Cricut the other day & made these cute Hello Kitty cards for Halloween.

I added black Stickles to the cape so it would stand out a bit & I loved the effect. I have to go back & do it to the hat too :) Too bad it doesn't show up well :(

Here's the second card:

I popped the bow with foam tape, inked edges, & I'm adding a piece of cellophane to the lollipop. This card was super easy peasy. I used the Hello Kitty Cartridge with the card feature for both of these. I luuuuuv this cart for obvious reasons, but this is the one that made me get going on my Cricut.

*** Confession Time***
I got my Cricut E over two years ago for Mother's Day. I opened it, took it out of the box, & went "OH my Gosh! This is so awesome!!!" and right in the box it went to be untouched for nearly a year! I know what a lame-o, right! But I was SOOOOO intimidated by it. I didn't know anyone else with it so I had no one to teach me :( But when the HK cart came out I decided I HAD to face my fears because I HAD to have that cart!
And I did. :) That's the end of my story & the beginning of my Cricut love affair. Now I own a bazillion carts & crank out loads of fun projects with it. Not to mention how much I use it for school things! Ahhh, I feel better now.

Thanks for peekin' today! I'm working on another Halloween card (Pop up) I can't wait to share with you--- Gotta go!

5 comments:

  1. Karli these are precious! I'm still hoping someday to have the Cricut but for now I still love my scissors!(and my border punches) lol!! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Hello Kitty fan and these cards are just too darn cute! I also have a Cricut sitting in a box, tried it out once and never took it out again. Maybe I should buy the HK cartridge to give myself a nudge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute cards- I cannot wait to see what you do next! Mine is still in the box.......Not sure what cartridge will motivate me.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute Halloween cards, love the stickles, really adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin