Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My First Tilda

Hi friends,
Thanks so much for your sweet comments from yesterday's posts :) so kind of you :)
Today I have this super cute Tilda. I'm so smitten with Magnolia Stamps- especially this one. What a sweet little face, don't ya think? My friend gets creeped out by the no mouth thing- but it doesn't bother me.
I masked Tilda to add the bench she's sitting on. I added some Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint to the bench to give it that aged wood look. I found it easier to paint on wood than on paper for some reason! I recently joined a Magnolia swap so I got 12 Tildas to play with & now there are more Tildas I *need* :)

Thanks so much for peekin' today! Tomorrow is my first day with my brand new kiddos, and guess where I'll be the night before? Library? Noooo.... Teacher Supply Store? Noooo... Last minute preparation in my classroom? Nope... all good guesses. I'm going to be at a Rock concert! Hee! Hee! That wasn't the best planning we've done, but hey you only live once! Don't worry, I'll make sure to be bright eyed & bushy tailed for my kiddos. Oh & a good shower will be in order!!! (Shhhhh... We'll keep this our little secret ;) ---Gotta go!


The 411
Stamps: Tilda Sitting with Hat, New Bench- Magnolia Stamps, Three little words- SU!
Paper: White, Tempting Turquoise- SU!, Stripes Floral Stack- DCWV
Ink: Tempting Turquoise- SU!, Memento Black
Tools: Ticket Corner Punch, Curly Label Punch- SU!
Other: Copics, Pearls, Ribbon, Brad-K&Co

12 comments:

  1. too cute! I used to be creeped out by the no mouth thing too.. but I got over it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card. Love the crackle on the bench, great touch. Her pearl necklaces is so sweet. Great card. My son doesn't like the no mouth thing either, he always asks me to draw one on the Magnolia images, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if anyone has ever drawn a mouth on their magnolia stamps? Fun card I can not mask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing work...love your blog...congrats on the DT...look forward to working with you and getting to know you as a member of the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This image is so cute, makes me smile just to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is precious and evidently contagioue! LOL! Have a blast at the concert!! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on making the DT love your blog...I am excited to get to know you and look forward to our new adventure!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, so sweet! Such a prim and proper little miss! LOVE the pearl necklace and your coloring is beautifull done! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you on making the dt as well. I look foward to getting to know you as we work on the Dt together. oh by the way I really like your blog. Lisa Scrappingpinklady

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi...it's me again...LOL....just wanted to invite you over to my blog to pick up a circle of friends award...thought it would be a great start to invite all the new DT members!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynnor aka icensheba on SCSAugust 26, 2009 at 5:50 PM

    I love your cute little Tilda card!! The little pearly necklace is sooooo cute!! Congrats, too, on having that awesome desk trio box being published!!! Glad I get the instructions and a couple of them made before you had to pull it from your blog!! But, wow....that's soooo awesome!! I knew it was a fabulous project!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A big Congrats to you too for making the DT! I look forward to getting to know you and I just love your Tilda card:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin