Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's Greek to Me- Cinema Saturday with Mojo

Hi friends,
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue--- I think that's how it goes! I don't even remember, it's been a while for me :) But these are some of the things that came into play for my card for this week's...

As you can see, the challenge was to create a wedding card inspired by the movie. I was inspired by the blue & gold colors & the beautiful patterns & ornate details in the decor, especially the family's house.

Anyhoo, here's my card:



And a peek of the inside:


So here are the deets:
Something old: That "congrats" ribbon---> I've had forever!
Something new: The MS Doily lace trim punch---> luuuv
Something borrowed: I borrowed this week's MOJO Monday 112 Sketch for my layout

And Something Blue: The pattern Paper & CS

I can hear the bells--- oops, wrong movie, But you know what I mean :) Thanks for peeking today! I'm off to craft some more since I have a day off!!! Woo Hoo!!! 
Gotta Go!
 


The 411
Stamps: Everyday Button Bits- PTI
Paper: Night of Navy, Crushed Curry- SU!, White, Provence- GCD Studios
Ink: Fresh Snow- PTI 
Tools: Martha Stewart Wedding cake punch & Doily lace trim, Word window punch- SU! CB Embossing folder- Morrocan Screen

Other: Pearls, ribbon

11 comments:

  1. great take on the challenge. the card turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation of the Mojo sketch and think that you have created a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is stunning!! Love the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gold & blue & embossing woowzers. Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful color combo and fab layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome...:) Loved all the details, the color combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the paper and the embossing. Great textures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so beautiful! I love your color combos and the little itsy bitsy envelope sideways. This would be a treat for any couple to receive!!! SQUISHY HUGS. Samara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy MOly - how AMAZING is this card!!! SOOOOO rich and lovely and beautiful and absolutely gorgeous! I love that Mojo sketch (I used it for today's card :) lol!) and I LOVE LOVE the richness of your card - somehow it reminds me of the inside of a Greek orthodox church - simply beautiful!!! So glad that you played along with us!!! I hope you had fun playing with this movie and hope that you will play along again with us over at Cinema Saturday!!!
    Sending you big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing card! You totally nailed it. This challenge kicked my bottom. Congrats on such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card and congrats on your Audrey!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin