Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sweet Dreamers’ Challenge # 2- Reuse/Recycle

Hi friends,
Today I have a project for the Sweet Dreamers Challenge #2. The challenge was to use something we were going to throw out & recycle it instead. If yo
u've been hanging around these parts, you know this challenge was right up my alley! So while thinking about what to use, there was a knock at the door. The UPS man brought me just what I needed for this challenge: A BOX! I took the box, cut it up, & made this:

The base for my "Game Night Score Keeper."
I cut the box into six rectangles, rounded the corners, sanded the edges, inked up the sides, & used patterned paper left over from another project.

Ta Dah! The finished product:
I added a refrigerator clip magnet to hold the paper & pen & popped on the poker chip sticker to the front of the magnet (the little picture had chipped off anyway). Then I cut paper & stamped around it to tie it in with the Game Night theme. I'm making 6 of these since we get together with other friends for game nights & everyone will have one at their place when we all come over.

Thanks so much for taking a peek at my green project. I'm off to work on the rest of these so they're ready for the next game night--- Gotta go!

8 comments:

  1. Karli, this is fabulous!!! Wow!!! GREAT job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karli

    Fantastic! Your friend are going to love these.

    Great use of something that would have headed to the recycle bin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm terrifically impressed with your recycled project! Hope you have many fun game nights with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic project- you did a fabulous job on it. Game night sounds like alot of fun. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Karli! This is a super idea! Very clever! I'm sure they will be a hit at your next game night! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this! what a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin