Sunday, June 23, 2013

MIM Card #1 Gladiolus

Hi friends,
I got to play along with this week's Make it Monday's challenge at PTI. The technique is Colored Vellum Flowers. I couldn't believe how easy it was & the results were amazing! I couldn't stop at just one so I made a total of three cards *Ü*
Here's card #1:
I used the Year of Flowers: Gladiolus set. I went CAS by adding a bit of embossing on the edge, stamping the sentiment, & flicking my brush to add ink splatters. The flowers were colored with So Saffron & Pumpkin Pie & the leaves with Wild Wasabi. The sentiment is from YOF: Violets.

Here is card #2
Here is card #3

Thanks so much for peeking! This was such an awesome way to color flowers it may be hard to do it any other way now *Ü*
Tootles!

12 comments:

  1. So pretty! I lived close to a town growing up that used to have a huge Gladioli festival- love those flowers!!! The stamping on vellum is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. So soft and pretty. I had watched the MIM video, but didn't get a chance to try the technique (yet).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty CAS card Karli! We are so glad you joined us for the A.R.T. Challenge, and we hope you'll join us again this Thursday for a new challenge ("anything-goes")! ~Cheryl, Senior DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a soft & beautiful card! Thanks for joining us for the A.R.T. sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning. So very pretty. Thanks for joining us at A.R.T. this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Karli whoaaaa I luuuuuv thiiiiissss...if you still have and didnt send to someone I would like to exchange with one of my cards or I created one new for you...oh woooow this is AMAZING...STUNNING card

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried colouring on vellum, but have a birthday card to make so will give it a whirl today! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous series of floral cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karli! Woo-hoo....congrats!! You were chosen by the A.R.T. DT as our winner! Head on over and grab your badge! http://arandomthursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/2013/06/art2-winners.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin