Monday, August 31, 2009

Backpack Backpack...yeah!

Hi friends,
Have you ever watched Dora the Explorer? My boys used to watch it all the time when they were little ones & they loved it. I think I subconsciously had that song etched in my mind & was mumbling (mumble+sing) while making it! Tee Hee! Believe it or not, I've never made one even though I've seen it loads of times on SCS. Anyway, I thought I would go ahead & give it a try. Here's my little backpack:
(Sorry, I took these pics at night so the colors are not the greatest.) Truth be told, it's cute, but...I'm not in love. It's really small & it was quite a bit of work. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's because it was my first time making one. If you have any tricks or pointers on how to make it better I'd LOVE to hear it! I don't want to toss it in the round file (trash can) yet :) I don't mean to complain or sound critical, b/c I LUUUV SCS & their tutorials rock. I'm a Fan Club member after all! (Oh, I hope they don't kick me out of the club for complaining :{

Anyway, here's what I tucked in it:

I filled it with what a teacher will find handy at the beginning of the year---> A Burt's Bees lip balm, cough drops, and less than 1/2 a pad of stickies for the small front pocket (I also stuffed a travel size tube of Tylenol). I stuffed it all the way to the top! You can find the tutorial on SCS here. BTW, Step 21 is repeated twice just so you know. I didn't notice right away & it threw me off for a minute.

Tomorrow I have a new project to share with you. Here's a hint: It's beginning to look a lot like.... a Big sale (wink ;)

Thanks so much for peekin' in today! Hope your Monday is a goodie---Gotta go!

5 comments:

  1. hi, Karli
    oh, this is a little backpack! But it's cute!
    I have a template for a 8 1/2 x 11 CS.
    Greetings Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute way to package up some goodies! Of course now the "backpack" song is stuck in my head (my 2 and 4 y/o still watch Dora) Oh well, at least it's not "I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map..." yeah, good luck getting that out of your head ;)
    BTW I love the subtle way you mention the sale, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! I might have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute backpack! even better that you can put goodies inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a cute project! It would be perfect to send to my college kids! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin