Friday, December 3, 2010

Boxing for Christmas Gifts

 Hi ya friends,
I thought I'd pop in to share a little somethin' I made for my Christmas gift exchange at work.
What's in the box??? I wonder..., yup, I wonder...
 Yes, it is my cake box! (the cleverness of you ;), but there's no cake in there.
 give up???
Oh, how about I just show you!
Here it is:
It opens up to reveal a nice, hot Starbucks Latte with plenty o' whip cream along with some yummy cookies to enjoy with said latte. Luuuuuv the coffee~ just not the coffee breath :{ so I also included some fresh breath mints :) The Starbucks card is in the holder behind the cup that fits just *perfectly* in the box. I made a little ornament tag that hangs in front.
Here's a closer peek:
 I had this idea brewing in my head so when I went to buy the gift card, I asked if I could have a little sampler cup. Then at home, I added cotton in the cup to create the look of whipped cream :)

I used to left over pieces of DP to embellish- like the inside of the box lid. :)
Take a lookie:
 This paper is GORGEOUSNESS!!! The snowflakes are embossed & flocked. I absolutely love it- oh, it's Martha paper in case you want to know. When you use beautiful, thicker, double-sided paper, this box is a cinch! You probably can't tell, but the lid is white glitter paper.

So who is this going to? Well, all the teachers in my department (Spanish) pulled a name at random & I got my department chair! No pressure - she's only like my mini-boss! Actually, she's super cool & luckily for me, she's a Starbucks girl :) We had a $20 limit so I loaded a Starbucks card & added the cookies & mints (for extra credit :) I must keep my department chair happy!

I have to say I'm so tickled with how it came out & I know I will be making loads of these this Christmas. It took me sooooooo little time to make. You know what I'm thinking... uh huh... TEACHER gifts! :)

Here's one last peek:
Oh, i adhered the mints, cookies, & gift card with glue dots. I placed the cookies & mint box flush with the bottom so when you close it the weight remains on the bottom & you don't have bulges on the sides of the box.

Hope you like my latest concoction!
Oh & if you want to learn how to make this box, the tut can be found---> HERE.

Thank you a latte for peeking today! Ok, no more puns :( but I do thank you for stopping by!
 Gotta go!

16 comments:

  1. What a clever idea.
    I can also see this box filled for any occasion.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY LATTE!!!!! I gotta scraplift this!!!
    This is CREATIVELY SUPER FANTASTIC!!!!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so Creative!!! LOVE it! :-) -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea, perfect for those Starbuck lovers, I have two on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! I love the cotton in the cup! Adorable! This box will probably as loved as the gift card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You never cease to amaze me! Super cute and super cool idea!! I will definitely be sending this idea on to my SIL who is chair of her math dept.! Thanks so much, Karli! You rock! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this gift idea! You are so clever. I'm sure your department chair will give you an A+ for this project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so clever! What a great gift, was your boss impressed? Love the cotton for the foam. You are just so inventive with these gift ideas, such an inspiration my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just stressing about what to get the girls in my office and stumbled upon your awesome creation! I'm definitely not stressing any longer! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG this is amazing! What a clever project from a clever crafter

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing :-0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Idea! Thanks so much for the tutorial and great teacher gift idea! I am making these for my daughter's teachers. I printed a note that says "Thanks a latte! Merry Christmas! Love, B..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the idea - I did these up for a couple people for Christmas. LOVE how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Found you on Pinterest. Thanks so much for the tutorial. We (my daughter and I) made some for a few of her teacher friends. Perfect idea.
    I will have them posted on my blog in a few days if you want to check them out. :)
    Hugs,
    Terri
    www.myneed2craft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin