Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The ABC Challenge: P is for...

Pearls!
Hello friends,
Welcome to a new challenge this week at The ABC Challenge. This week, the challenge is P is for Pearls- one of my absolute faaav embellies! (Probably because I'm a June baby & pearls are my birthstone :)
Here's my card:
 This is a Sarah Kay stamp called Spring is Back. This is a very detailed image so it is a colorista's delight!
Here's a closer peek:
 There is a pearl swirl along the edge, on the middles of the punched pansy border, & larger ones on the edge of the panel. I added Stickles to her bell bottom ruffled hems & to the middles of each flower.
Copics used: skin E000, E00, E11, R20  hair Y23, YR23, E35  pants BG11, BG13, BG18  top R30, R32, R35 Hat E31, E41 flowers R20, R22, R24, R29, R59, Y11, Y13, Y18, YG13, Pebbles T1 and the entire image is highlighted with BG10

Here's a peek of the innies:
 Kept it simple & I even added pearls on the middles of the punched pansy border with my Viva Decor pearl pen.

The letter P is brought to you by

Whiff of Joy will be giving one lucky person Miss Ladybugs stamp- (soooo pretty). I ordered my WoJ stamp, but it didn't get here in time for my card :( it will see some ink soon :)

So are you ready to show us your pearly whites, creams, & colors? Remember to linky your card creation by Monday March 13th and please be sure to stop by The ABC Challenge blog to see the gorgeous cards the rest of the DT has created for ya.

My card also meets the following challenges:
The Sweet Spot- Sketch
The Crafty Pad- Ribbon
Cute Card Thursday: Signs of Spring
Delightful Challenges: Spring
Terrifically Thrilling Thursdays @Shelly's Images- Layers, layers, layers

Thanks so much for peeking!
Gotta go!





The 411
Stamps: Spring is Back- Sarah Kay, Oval All- SU
Ink: Memento Black, Creamy Brown & Chestnut Roan- Colorbox, Close to Cocoa- SU
Paper: Fine & Dandy Tickled Pink- My Mind's Eye, Bazzill CS, Neenah White
Tools: SU Oval Punches, Pansy Border Punch- MS
Other: Prima flowers, Pearls- ZVA, Viva Decor Pearl Pen, satin ribbon- PTI, Stickles, Copics

14 comments:

  1. Wow Karli! That is gorgeous. Fabulous job on the coloring (he he I feel like I'm talking to my 5 y/o)But you know what I mean;)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet & lovely card! Love the papers you haev used! And all the pearls...=) Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers! This is gorgeous Karli. The papers are fab and your coloring looks amazing. Love all those pretty pearls, too. Great details here, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow this is gorgeous. Fantastic colouring and love all those pearls.
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the pearls and the lovely colored image. Thanks for playing along at Delightful Challenge. Hope you join us next month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karli, this is stunning. Your colouring is amazing. I love all the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful coloring on this. Love all the details.
    Pam
    www.1pamperedstamper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so gorgeous. I too have this stamp and you have used colors I would never have even thought of using. I love it, especially the color of her pants, it is so striking. Thank you for playing along with us at The Crafty Pad weekly challenge of Ribbon. Good luck in the draw to win that awesome prize! and I hope to see you again on Sunday for a new challenge The Navy Wife

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! The pearls are a wonderful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card. I love the punched pansy border and the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one of my FAVORITE Sarah Kay images and I love how you've colored her. Love all the gorgeous pearls, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card-the image is so sweet! Great colors and I love all of the pearls- so pretty! I love the punch and the flowers- and the pretty pearl accents on the punch too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card, Karli. I love the DP you chose, the card design, and the awesome coloring of your image. I t0o have a June birthday-so pearls are my favorite too!!Thanks for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad for our "ribbon" challenge. We hope to see you on Sunday for our next challenge. XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin