Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sweet Dreamers' Challenge: Cute as a Bug

Hi friends,
Today I have a card I created for the Sweet Dreamers' Challenge this week. Our task was to create a card with a bug on it- and I chose one of my favorite critters- the butterfly. Here are the deets to my card:
I embossed the Crushed Curry CS in the Victorian CB embossing folder. Sprayed the white CS with Tattered Angels Irridescent Gold Spray (I know so hard to capture that in the pic, but it gives it a soft , subtle shimmer), & stamped the flourish in black. (I wish I would have heat embossed it though :( I think it would have looked awesome.) I added black brads to each corner, stamped the sentiment in Dusty Durango. I added the ribbon to the side, cut out my butterfly from BasicGrey Pattern Paper & added a button on top. Not a difficult card at all, but I like, I like :) I'm a bold colors kind of girl so these SU! colors don't scare me. But clowns--> now, they SCARE me!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit :) I'm so tickled that anyone even pops in & finds my blog with all the blogs out there in blogland! and that many of you actually return! Tickled Pink, I tell you! Soooo... thanks so much! Luv the comments too :) they really make my day :) :) I'm off to my LSS to show off my new baby--- my Gypsy! They're dying to see it in action so~~~> Gotta Go!

5 comments:

  1. GREAT job on the challenge! I LOVE that butterfly! I have my new in colors but I haven't used them, yet...I really should! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great use of the butterfly and a lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! I love shimmer- bet it is really shimmery IRL with the Tattered Angels on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, love the bold bright colors, too! You'll have to keep us posted on how the Gypsy is, I think I may "need" one, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This my 1st time on your blog and I just wanted to say, I love it!
    I will be back too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin