Sunday, July 3, 2016

Masculine Birthday Card

Hi friends,
Ahhh...Masculine cards... the Jar Jar Binks of cardmaking. Well, at least that's how I feel about them because I really struggle with them *Ü* It isn't because I don't enjoy creating something for the guys in my life, but you have to keep these cards pretty clean and simple- and that's my Kryptonite.

Here's my card:
I used the Chunky Herringbone Stencil (MFT) to create the background. I ink blended with Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Crushed Curry, and Tangerine Tango inks (Stampin' Up).  I turned the stencil and used the ink left on the stencil to create the shadows. I die-cut a circle from the vellum Fishtail Banner (MFT) and popped it up using the sentiment strip to hide the foam adhesive. I decided to turn the circle into a balloon so I added the balloon tail and string from vellum as well (Party Balloons -Lawn Fawn).

Here's the innie:
I ink blended the bottom with the same ink colors and stamped the sentiment which comes from the Happy Everyday stamp set (Simon Says Stamp).

I used this week's MFT sketch #287:
Even though this card is not dark colors typically associated with more masculine cards, I think he'll like how colorful it is.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Until next time...
Tootles,

1 comment:

  1. You certainly rocked this masculine card! Love the inked stencil.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin