Friday, July 1, 2016

Little Mermaid Inspired

Hi friends,
Recently, I attended the stage production of The Little Mermaid and it was absolutely magical! I was like a little girl totally entranced with the production, sets, dance numbers and of course--- the music! So when I pulled out the Mermaid For You stamp set from Lawn Fawn, I knew I had to create my own underwater seascape featuring Ariel.
Here's my card:
I used the Mermaid for You and Fintastic Friends stamp sets and coordinating dies (Lawn Fawn).  I colored all of the images with the no-line watercoloring technique using the Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.
 I used my Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay pen on the coral and on the mermaid's tail.
The background was created with the Brusho powders in Leaf Green and Turquoise.

I added a bit of Stickles for even more sparkle, sprinkled some sequins, and added a few Dew Drops for bubbles.

Here's a peek of the innie:
I really love how this card sparkles and shines in person *Ü*
 Tanks for stopping by today.
Have a great weekend and Happy 4th of July to those here in the states! Be safe!

3 comments:

  1. My grandaughter LOVES The Little Mermaid and pretends she is Ariel in the bathtub. Your card is super-cute and would appeal to people of all ages! Thanks so much for sharing. We enjoyed Canada Day yesterday and I hope you and your family enjoy the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and fun card. Love the coloring/colors with the Zigs. Thanks for sharing your inspiration story. Happy 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karli this is so sweet
    love all the element on your card and adorable coloring too
    great sponging or watercoloring background you made
    my hubby was traveling also so less time to visiting my friends blog
    will catch up soon sweety
    I miss you too
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin