Saturday, July 16, 2016

Background Bonanza: Mary Engelbreit Inspired

Hi friends,
I'm back to earn my 5th and final badge for MFT's Camp Create.
The final badge is for creating a background.
 Here's my card:
I still had the Hog Heaven stamp set on my desk from the masking challenge and as I was thinking about this challenge the little flowers caught my eye. There are three sets of flowers in this stamp set that I could use to create my background- and you know how I like threes. 3 is a good number! *Ü* The flowers reminded me of the flowers on many Mary Engelbreit designs. (My fellow teachers out there know what I mean ;) So that is what inspired my background design.

Yes, this took a loooong time! Maybe there was a quicker way, but I couldn't think of it! I stamped the flowers a bunch of times with Black Licorice Hybrid ink (MFT) and colored them with Copics using the bright bold colors Mary Engelbreit uses. After they were all colored, I die-cut them all using the coordinating dies. Since I didn't want a white border around my images (and I didn't want to fussy cut them) I decided the easier thing would be to color the white space in with my Memento Tuxedo black marker.
 Once all of that was done, I laid out all the pieces on the black cardstock panel and lay a piece of Press 'n Seal on top and picked them up all at one time. I added multi medium matte adhesive to the backs and placed them all down at the same time! That was a HUGE timesaver instead of gluing them one at a time *Ü* The "hello" die cut is from the Sentimental dies set (Avery Elle).
To finish, I added white dots to complete the ME look and made stitch lines around the panel with a white gel pen.

In the end, I thought it came out very whimsical and Mary Engelbreit-ish *Ü*

For my non-teacher friends this is a Mary Engelbreit bulletin board trim I have in my classroom collection of borders *Ü*:
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
May your day bloom bright with happiness!
Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! LOVE your card!!! And, it sure does look like your bulletin board trim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! This is such a fun and joyfull card! Love the colors and all the pretty details! have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look like it took a lot of work, but it was worth it. Your card is beautiful and looks exactly like your BB trim.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin