Monday, July 18, 2016

Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Alone

Hi again friends,
If you've been to my blog, you know I'm a HUGE fan of My Favorite Things. Today I have created a special card for MFT's 10th Birthday Celebration Bonus Challenge.

I have enjoyed using MFT stamps and dienamics for many years, so I thought it would be appropriate to grab a couple of sets from the bat files to create for this challenge. Since this is MFT's 10th birthday, we are to include 10 of something. See if you can spot my 10 *Ü*

Here's my card:
This was a line called "Who's That Girl" and I really liked them because the girl could be anyone, any skin color.  This stamp set is called Catch Some Rays. Now, I must say this girl does NOT represent me. I don't wear a bikini! (Wink ;) but I have been know to enjoy one or two coconut lime mojitos from time to time. As in every time I go to eat at Lazy Dog *Ü* I colored her with Copics. I stamped the drinks 10 times (DING! DING! DING!) beside her lounge chair and in her hand. I colored them with the Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens and then added Icicle Stickles because it has chunky glitter and that made it look more like ice cubes.
I die cut the "friends" die (Friendships are Forever- My Creative Time) from different colored cardstock from my scrap bin to create the background and so that ultimately the card would read, "Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Alone." I placed them all on my cardstock piece and when I was happy with where they were placed, I used a piece of Press 'n Seal and picked them all up at once, added adhesive to the backs in one swoop, and placed them all back down on the front of the cardstock. This trick is such a time saver- let me tell ya! To finish, I added a Stitched Rectangle Frame die-cut- MFT (left over from another project) and adhered the image panel with foam tape. I also added a few Sparkling Clear sequins (PPP). 

I still have all of the Who's That Girl stamp sets I purchased. ( I counted 14 sets!)  I just can't let them go. They're unique and fun to play with!

Again, Happy 10th Birthday to MFT!
Thanks so much for stopping by today *Ü*
Tootles,

3 comments:

  1. Don't we all wish we looked like that in a bikini?!?!? I guess after 10 drinks we think we do! Fun card and post today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card!! Love the image and that sentiment is the best!!! *lol* Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DO wear a two piece, but not yellow. And there are usually drinks, too! Love this. VERY fun!

    Susan R. Opel
    Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin