Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Fantastic Foiling & Coloring on Kraft

Hi ya friends,
I have a couple of cards to share for Session Two of MFT Camp Create. I had a great time participating in the first camp session, I thought I'd enroll again!

Today I'm sharing a card each for Day 1 and Day 2.
First badge up for grabs is for Fantastic Foiling
 Here's my card:
 Sorry about the picture :( but if photographing white is hard enough, imagine trying to capture holographic foil! lol! I don't think I've ever done foil before so I was very excited to try the technique with this Holographic foil from Heidi Swapp. I followed Jennifer McGuire's technique for using foil with stamps using my laminating machine. It turned out OK, but maybe next time I will let the machine warm up for a longer time. (I think i might have been a bit impatient *Ü*)

I used the Delicate Pretty Poppies stamp set (My Favorite Things) and the grateful sentiment from the Grateful For You stamp set (MFT). The flowers foiled much better than the sentiment, I think because this technique may work best with more delicate or detailed stamps. The holo on this card is so pretty in person! I think it would make a beautiful wedding or anniversary card.

My second card and second badge for Coloring on Kraft:

Here's another technique I'm not sure I've done before, but I thoroughly enjoyed the process! I am a total sucker for anything apple! As a teacher, I think it's required by law to love apple stuff! *Ü* I used a stamp I've had for ages from Peddlers Pack called Apples. It's a huge image ( 3 3/4" x 5") so it pretty much takes up a whole A2 card front. I stamped it on Kraft cardstock with Kraft ink and colored it in with my PrismaColor Pencils. I die cut the image with a stitched rectangle die from Blueprints 29 (MFT) and lined the edges with my gold Krylon marker. I adhered it to a Real Red cardstock card base. I added a little banner also from Blueprints 29 and stamped the "Thanks" from the Perk Up stamp set (MFT) heat embossed in gold.

In case you'd like to know...
Prisma Colors Used:
Apples: Crimson Red, Crimson Lake- Spring Green, Apple Green-  Yellow Ochre, Jasmine
Leaves: Kelp Green
Apple surface: Cream, Sand
Stems & Seeds: Chocolate, Dark Umber

Thanks so much for popping in today!
I'll be back with more camp creations *Ü*
Tootles,

2 comments:

  1. I love both of your cards! The foiling is gorgeous on the first card and I am intrigued by the lamination process. As Ana elementary teacher, I too am a sucker for anything Apple, and your card is terrific -- the colouring really shows the delicate shading of a real Apple! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foiling is new to me. Gorgeous card! Love the holographic on white. Your apple coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin