Friday, July 15, 2016

Die-Cut Inlay and Masking

Hello there friends,
I'm back with two more cards for two more days of Camp Create at My Favorite Things. Today, I am collecting badges 3 & 4.
First up is die-cut inlay:
Here's my card:
 I heat embossed the Roses All Over background stamp (MFT) with Liquid Platinum embossing powder (Ranger). I did simple watercoloring with Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry, and Wilted Violet. I used the Stitched Basic Edges die (MFT) to create the edge. I die cut the "Thanks" die from the Thanks and Hello dies (MFT) from a piece of cardstock I had embossed with liquid platinum and then die cut the "thanks" from the watercolor panel so I could inlay the die cut.

Here's another peek:

I decided to create another card with the scraps:
I was going to throw out the rose panel because I goofed. But I decided to keep it and use it with the scraps. I added a strip of washi tape across the top that matched the colors quite well.

Here's my card for Badge #4 Masking:

I have said it before, but these little piggies from the Hog Heaven stamp set (MFT) are sooooow ADORABLE!!! I used the instaframe dienamics (MFT) and ran it through the Tiny Stars embossing folder (Paper Studio). I masked the piggies and then added the "unicorn" to photobomb the picture. Now, I used "unicorn" in quotation marks because that's actually the horse from The Whole Herd stamp set (MFT). I drew in the little horn *Ü* I mean if you're going to be photobombed, it might as well be by a unicorn, right?!?! They were colored with Copics and stamped in Grey Flannel Memento ink. I added lots and lots of Stickles to his mane.

In case you were wondering...
Copics used: Unicorn/Horse- C00, C1, C3  Piggies: R0000, R00, R01, R30  Background and Banner: BG10

Well, thanks so much for popping in today.
I have one more card coming to earn my last badge.
Tootles for now,

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love the inlaid sentiment in Gold- really is beautiful- and I so love pink- I think this turned out beautifully! I love that you saved the next card too. I think your third masked animal scene is darling- beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with the inlaid thanks. So creative using your scraps and that washi tape looks like a perfect match. Your photobombing 'unicorn' is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your cards are always so lovely,cheerful and bright!! Just love them!! Puts a smile on my face to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been sharing such fabulous cards lately! Glad you are enjoying some crafting time this summer. These are beautiful cards and the piggies with the photo-bombing unicorn is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin