Friday, June 17, 2011

School's out, Picnic's IN!

Hi friends,
Today, I'm sharing the gift my little one will give his teacher for a year's worth, of patience, hard work, patience, dedication, and patience. Did I mention how patient she is???  ;)
I decided that the theme of this gift is that summer vacation is here & one fun thing to do while enjoying those summer activities & events is having a picnic. So I created a picnic basket filled with some picnic necesities.
Here's the basket:

and all the basket goodies:

Inside the basket are 3 gift card holders (made with the Sizzix gift card die---> so luuuv this die!)

 And here's what's inside:
 A Barnes & Noble Gift card (feel free to read the inscriptions)

A Subway gift card:

And a Starbucks gift card

Here's a peek at the card:
It's very simple cuz I ran out of steam!

The picnic basket is a My Timeless Template from Lauren Meader for PTI. I used the largest size for my basket. I used shimmer cardstock for the base so it's sturdy & shimmery :) The pattern papers are so dreamy. Love the colors! It's from the Lemon Flowers Stack by DCWV. The stamp is PTI as is the embossing plate used on the card front (In Bloom).

Sorry for the crudy pics, but my camera batteries were recharging & I had to use an old one. Plus my OTT light decided to die too :(   Ugh :(

Thanks so much for peeking!
Gotta Go!

8 comments:

  1. oh Karli! what a wonderful gift! Love the basket! This teacher must be awesome and patient! The inscriptions are sooo cuuute! You are so talented, Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful basket & gift card holders. Your gift cards and inscriptions are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karli -- you amaze me each and every time I get one of your blog posts in my email basket.
    Your son's teacher is going to flip when she receives her picnic basket with your uber-generous gifts inside. I've never, ever, ever received anything close to this nice at the end of June.
    Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing summer. Will you be teaching secondary school again next year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so CUTE and VERY creative!!! love it! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant as usual. How do you think of these great gifts? This teacher will be thrilled to receive such a well thought out gift. I always do the gc thing, but never think of such creative packaging ideas. You are so smart my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin