Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Creative Card Crew Challenge: Things with Wings

Hi ya friends,
Welcome to a new challenge at Creative Card Crew! This week, the challenge is "Things with Wings"
Here's my card:
 My winged things are those beautiful butterflies. They're from Amy R's set called "Butterfly" I absolutely LUUUUUV this set. The butterflies are so realistic & diverse. The sentiments are wonderful as well. I stamped the butterflies on the same pattern paper, cut them out, & popped them up with foam tape.
Here's a closer peek:

 and from the side so you can see how they look like they're going to fly off the card!
The sentiment reads: "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls a butterfly." So beautiful- one of my fav ever :) I thought I would be clever & stamp the sentiment twice to create a shadow---> ah nooooo :( I'll need to redo that :( but I do like how the stamped butterflies look behind it. I also used last week's Mojo Monday sketch (squared) but not in time to enter it.
Our sponsor this week are our friends at Simon Says Stamp and they're offering a fab prize up for grabs. This set is available at Simon Says Stamp if it tickles your fancy---> Here.
Remember you've got til Monday night to Linky your card creation & please stop by the Creative Card Crew & check out the wingy inspiration from the rest of the DT.

Thanks so much for peeking!
Two more weeks & I stick a fork in this school year!!! Yay :)
Bye for now!




The 411
Stamps: Butterfly- Amy R
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel- SU
Paper: Que Sera Sera- K&Company, Bazzill cs
Tools: Butterfly punch- MS
Other: Viva Decor Pearl pen, ribbon

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love those butterflies, they are so realistic and look like they will take flight any minute. This is stunning. Have a great last two weeks of school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my....this is truly a beautiful card!! Love all the butterflys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Beautiful card!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful butterflies! Love the butterfly punch on the card too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin