Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Backpack GYPSY File

Hi ya friends,
One of the biggest requests I get is for this backpack I created on my GYPSY:

Well, I finally learned how to share GYPSY files so I am making it available for all of you that have requested it! But, not only that... I have TWO versions for ya! The first and original version is of the backpack you see above. It measures 6 1/2" Wide, by 3 1/4" Depth, by 7 1/2" Height.

Version 2 is BIGGER maximizing the space of your 12 x 24 paper- you're using every inch of it! BUT, there is one thing you MUST remember with this version. When you go to score it to assemble, DO NOT fold the bottom edge flap where guided to by the tic marks! You'll need to score it at 1/4" from the edge or a tiny bit less. But that's the only thing you'll need to do, everything else will follow the tic marks.Version 2 measures 7 1/2" Wide, by 3 3/4" Depth, by 7 1/2" Height. It is more of a square shape. The flap & the additional cut pieces are larger to accommodate the increased size.

The Deets:
You'll need:
12 x 24" cutting mat
12 x 24" Paper (only for backpack)
scraps or (2) 12 x 12 sheets of cardstock ( for flap & apples)
You'll also need the following carts:
Once Upon a Princess (backpack)
Home Décor (Flap)
Create a Critter (apple)

The project is on 2 layers. The 1st layer is the backpack and the 2nd layer is the flap & apple.

I would LUUUUV your feedback since this is my first time doing this & I'm not sure if I've done it correctly. So if you download it & give it a go, would you please let me know if it worked for you or if there's a problem, what that is too. Remember this is my FIRST time doing this so I'm learning as I go. Feel free to email me or post a comment with your feedback & suggestions. If this works, I would be happy to share future cut files of projects I create! Yay!

So you've got your homework---> get cuttin'!

Karli's Backpack (original)

Karli's Backpack (Version 2)

You can find the original post of this project ---> Here.

Thanks for peeking and for your requests!

4 comments:

  1. How ADORABLE!!! Thanks for the tutorials!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great size back pack, but no electronic cutting machine :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, loved this backpack when you posted it before!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin