Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink January Blog Hop


Hello friends,
Today I'm participating in Papertrey Ink's monthly Blog Hop! I'm so excited to join since it's been a while since I got to play along. :( This month, the challenge issued is to use a stamp that has yet to be inked. Sadly, I have several sets that qualified :( ... but I chose one I've had for almost a year as it was released February of 2010---> Year of Flowers: Violets.
Here's my card:
(sorry for the lighting, muy bad :( & I need to fire the photog soon... I'll try to post a better pic later if I can)

I intended for this to be a CAS (Clean & Simple Card) but you know it's my Kryptonite & I couldn't stop at just stamping the background & sentiment... sigh...

I stamped the larger violet in a mixture of clear embossing powder & glitter so it is sparkly IRL depending on how you hold the card. I stamped the smaller violet on Plum Pudding CS 4 times & colored it in a bit with Copics (V12,V15, V17, V000, Y18). Then I cut out the middle section, layered it with foam tape, & added a purple blingie to the centers.

Here's a closer peek:
 I also cut around the images for added detail so you have a peek of the innies & the faux stitching around the inside panel edges made with my Sakura stardust gelly pen.

 Here are the innies:
 Stamped one little violet in the corner.
But... because you know I can't stop at this...I thought hmmm... what would it look like with a little more...
so here's a little more...
I colored in the middles & added some bling to the large violets.
ok, I'm done... really... ok maybe I'll add just a little bit of........

Thanks so much for peeking today! I'm off to check out what sets you have all neglected too ;)
Gotta Go!





The 411
Stamps: YOF- Violets- PTI
Paper: Elegant Eggplant- SU!, Plum Pudding- PTI
Other: Versamark Ink, Clear/Glitter Embossing Powder, bling, Sakura Stardust Gelly Roll Pen, Copics

44 comments:

  1. that card is georgeous! i love the deep purple and the top fo the front! love ti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karli, this is amazing (shouldn't admit it, but my set sits uninked since last Feb, too, yikes). I feel inspired now, by your purple creation. Love the versamark and sparkle combo on the background, lovely. And my favorite pic is the last one with the added centers to the large flowers, in my opinion more is more! You rocked this set, now I need to go blow the dust off of mine, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card , love how you add glitter to thr edges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card- I love all the glittery goodness and the shaped front is a nice touch! Beautiful colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! LOVE how you created this card! I will def have to case this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That purple is is gorgeous. I love the glitter. It makes the card so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the glittery larger flower. Wow so pretty. (oh and I love that little chair or whatever it is that your pic is sitting on as well.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love how you cut around the flowers to make a shaped card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love the 3D flowers and the shimmery detail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is just stunning! So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so elegant and beautiful! I love how you cutout a portion of the front of this and finished the inside. The violets are stunning with the sparkle outline on them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man this is SO cool!
    The card design and the bold color and the pop of shimmer....very stunning project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! Love how you've trimmed around those flowers, great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! Love the flowers, the glittered embossing and the PURPLE.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karli this is stunning, love the 3d flowers and the colours and the inside... and everything... gorgeous!

    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, gorgeous! I love the sparkle and the fun edge of the front!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a unique and clever card. I love all the bling! The stitching adds great detail too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty! I love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is one luscious card! It has such depth and texture. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Gorgeous card. Love the sparkle and how you cut out the card front.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty cut out design and the sparkle gives it that extra pizzazz!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Vio-licious! Sparkly fab! So elegant with the tone on tone and this set, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh WOW! beautiful! never would have thought of this! love what you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OoO! Love this card! The colors simply POP!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think you added the perfect amount of bling. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG.........I totally need this set! Your card is just amazing! Love all that glitter and would never think to mix it IN the embossing powder!!! Thanks for the enabling.....and inspiration! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the shape of the front and the sparkly flowers are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Always fond of purple and what a gorgeous design! Love the cut out edge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning.
    I love this...the color...just the right amount of shine...
    beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! Color, bling, and creativity. The is great!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the sparkle on this and the monochromatic look! I have always been intimidated by this stamp set because my coloring needs practice, but I love the way you've used it directly on the PP cardstock and just highlighted it with Copics. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW - what a great looking card...I love the color, but really love how you got creative with the front cut-out edge, simply perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful design, and the sparkles really stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful! Love the purples and the cut out front piece!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is just gorgeous, I love the purple and the sparkle! And the way the front is cut out--just amazing!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  36. what a cool idea cutting around the image like that, I never think to do things like that. I love the effect it gives to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW!! love the colors, love the blingy embossing powder but I really love the shaped top edge on this and the single flower on the inside

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is stunning! I love the idea of mixing glitter with embossing powder. And the shaped front - so brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love it!!! Purple is my favorite color. So cool the way you cut along the top of the flowers. And, the added bling, you just couldn't help making the card perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. oooh!! Sooo pretty!!! I love the colors and the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow, I have never thought to stamp the flowers and cut off the top edge for the front. That's a wowser for me!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh *wow* - this is amazing!!! I love the colours, I love the shaped front, I love the glittery sparkliness - just love love love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Pretty! Love the fancy edge on the front and all the sparkle, too.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love how you cut along the flower edge!!! So pretty especially with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin