Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mojo meets JUGS

Hi there friends,
Wow this past week flew by! I've been super busy since Finals are quickly approaching & there's so much to do. I had a quick chance to play along with this week's Mojo Monday challenge. It was another great sketch to work with. Definitely one I will use again!
Here's the sketch:
Here's my card:
 I used papers from the MS ink key & heart collection. The hearts are felt layered together with a heart pin through it. You might notice that the ribbon ruffle is messy at the top & neater at the bottom- that's to symbolize how love can sometimes be both as turbulent as the sea & as right as rain. ---> Just kidding! That's just how it turned out, but I was getting pretty deep with that, right?! Hee! Hee! Hey, that kind of writing talent is what helped me get through those 25 page papers in college, let me tell ya!

 The JUGS challenge this week is to decorate & line a matching envelope for your card. So that's what I did with the scraps- which were just the right size for the liner. I also punched a border along the edge :) I also stamped the little heart in the corner.
 I don't know if I've ever lined my envelopes before, but WOW! it just makes your card 10 times better by just adding that little touch!

Here they are together:

Thanks so much for peeking today!
Your homework: Do something that makes your heart happy!

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. The envelope is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this card makes me happy! It's so pretty! The ribbon is stunning in turbulence and rain! LOL!! The envie looks fab too! Thanks for playing our Just Us Girls challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!!!! TO SAY THE LEAST.
    perculator49@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't taken the time to leave a comment for you in ages, but this one was so beautiful I just had to!! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! The lined envie makes it!!! I haven't been able to consistently finish the insides of my cards, so I'm thinkin' envies may still be a stretch for me! Love it though and it inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card Karli! I love your heart with the lace and your matching envie! Good luck with your studies! Thanks for taking the time to play with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and matching envie. Love the ribbon treatment. Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week - we surely appreciate your support and participation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card & envelope. Love how you used the heart punch on the envelope.

    I just finished my Jugs challenge and will post it tomorrow (need some daylight to take the picture).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Karli! Beautiful card and envie! Love the papers and the way you layered it all! And, I just love that name...JUGS...challenge! That's almost as good as our craft group...G.A.S....Gathering and Stamping! I love to tell people I have GAS once a month! Hope your New Year is getting off to a great start! You rock! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the monochromatic look and great touch with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty valentine! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Karli! The stick pin is a lovely touch and I love the look of a lined envie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful! Love that heart and the ribbon treatment! It is so amazing! Great job and thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin