Friday, January 14, 2011

DT: TA Ribbon Bath Tut

Hi friends,
Do you have Glimmer Mist & want to die your ribbons to match the color but don't like messy, inky fingers :( Well, today I thought I'd share the way I dye my ribbon using Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. I thought I'd make a little tut for ya.
Here we go:
 You'll need a sandwich baggie, ribbon of your choice, & glimmer mist.

                                                  Spray some glimmer mist in the bag

 Add your ribbon & seal the bag WELL. Make sure it's sealed (with a kiss if you want ;)

   Work the ribbon with your fingers (on the outside of the bag) so it's absorbing the glimmer mist.
   Add more dye until you reach the desired color.

 Then you're ready to remove the ribbon from the bag & lay it flat on a protected surface.

 Let it dry or if you're as impatient as I am, use your heat tool :) Remember to use a heat-resistant mat or surface.

 Here it is dry & ready to use! You can see what I started with & the color I achieved. It will lighten a bit once it dries. But best of all, there's not a drop of glimmer mist on my hands! Dang, I should have taken a pic of that :(

Easy peasy! So what did I do with that ribbon trim?
This:
I made a simple little card :) I also sprayed the Prima Flower with Glimmer Mist as well, used pink satin ribbon for the ribbon ruffle, & stamped "Be Mine" to make a border. This card was a total CAS card for me!

You can find loads of yummy Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist colors, Prima flowers, & the Bella lace trim I used for my card (& others) at the YMH Store.

Thanks for peeking today & I hope this tut was helpful :)
Gotta Go!

8 comments:

  1. ooh so pretty! I love your CAS card. Don't forget to save those baggies, you can re-use them the next time you want to dye ribbon that color!
    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the neat tip and congrats on your JUGS win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tutorial, beautiful card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Karli, I have a few glimmer mists that I never use. I love how you used the dyed trim, too. Such a clean and elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love visuals- great idea to use a baggie- I have a collection of the Glimmer mist.... thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this idea thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely job on your card,Very elegant! and the tutorial was perfect! Thank you:-)
    XMicheleX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your idea...containing the spray to a baggie! Brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin