Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Universal Frame Souvenirs

Hi friends,
Last weekend, we took Jordan & 4 of his friends to Universal Studios for his birthday. We had a great time on all the rides, eating yummy treats, and laughing at how I come out in every picture they take while on the rides. You know the ones they sadistically take of you as you're falling to what feels like your death!!! Yeah, I always look like a mutant with 4 chins. Uggggh :(
Well, these are the thank you/souvenirs we made for the kids who went:
I took a picture of each child with Jordan at the park & added it to the frame. I bought some $1 wood frames from Mike's, painted them, then added a couple of coats of Tripple Thick Gloss Glaze. I die cut a film strip (Sizzix), punched out some stars, and added the sentiment. Easy peasy :) I created the sentiment on Word.
Here's a closer peek at the embellishments:

Thanks for peeking today! I've got a super busy week coming up, soooooo
Gotta Go!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome frame, what a great souvenir for Jordin's friends. Now I'd love to see some of those photos of you on the rides :)
    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karli,
    this is FANTASTIC!!!!! What an awesome idea and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! had to laugh at "mutant with 4 chins" ROFLOL !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband has four chins..but that's normally and we call him a mutant too..LOL I love seeing different projects for our group now and then. These are really cool and what a great idea with the sizzix die. Love it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!! I love how you added the Universal logo to the frame!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun project, love the dramatic effect and over all feel!

    Glitterbee hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful frame- what a fun memory! I used to love the feeling of terror- I know this will be even better with pic's in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You throw a fun party, this is a fantastic party favor. Now I want to see those pics of you on the rides. They always catch me looking crazy, too!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin