Friday, March 12, 2010

Lil' Slugger

Hi friends,
I'm late! I'm late for a very important date. Remember that from Alice in Wonderland? Well, this layout was supposed to be up Thursday for my DT post, but life had plans with my plans, know what I mean? But, here it is:
This is my little one when he was 3 months old---> insert tears here! They really do grow up so fast, just like kittens :)
The Deets:
I faux stitched around the edges of the cardstock & added white buttons to each corner. I cut thin strips of red cardstock & threaded them through the button holes. I used my Cricut to embellish it. I used Opposites Attract Cricut Cart for the font & Sports Mania for the baseballs & bat border. I inked around the edges & stitching on the baseballs to give them that worn look. It's a simple page, but I wanted to keep it about the picture, of course.
Here's a closer peek:
During the summer, I decided I should start scrapbooking my boy's pics. So, I gathered all their pictures from all over the house and organized them. I bought some scrapbook 12x12 cases I sorted their pics beginning from birth to the present. Now, I've started actually scrapbooking them---> finally!
Thanks so much for peeking today :) Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. awww how sweet. Love your layout and what you did with the baseballs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Glad to hear you're scrapbooking those oh so important pages ;) Love the faux stiching, it looks so real.
    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. Love the sponged baseball, looks so real. You are one organized gal, I really need to get my photos organized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I forgot to add, what a cutie! Love all that dark hair and his sweet little face!
    Hugs~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Karli, he is just too cute in this pic! Great layout! I have a Slugger grandson! Quite the project you are starting with the scrapbooking! I admire your determination!! I made my first cuts with my Cricut! So much to learn and such a tiny keypad....lol! Thanks for the tips! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have "hit a home run" with this one, Karli....:)))) Couldn't resist.. Your baby is soooo cute and you're right, they do grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Karli! Be sure to check out my latest post! Your name was mentioned! Tee Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great page, and such a cute & happy baby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin