Thursday, March 18, 2010

For Mamá

Hi there friends,
My friend asked me to create a 12x12 scrapbook layout for her mom. So here's what I made for her with the help of my trusty Cricut:
It's a simple layout because I didn't want to hide the beautiful detailed background cut-out. For this layout, I used the Mother's Day Cricut Cart (a Limited Edition Solutions cart).  It has absolutely beautifully intricate images. I cut the floral background on "fit to page" using the gorgeous glittered Mimosa Papers by SEI. I LOVE SEI. They know how to design beautiful papers that make it easy to create beautiful things.
I used 3 patterned papers from the Mimosa pack, but they all flow together nicely. I cut "Mamá" at 4" and inked around the edges. I also used the Pebbles Inc. Shimmer chalks on the leaves to give it a hint of shimmer.

I cut the flower 3 times at 2" and did the pom pom flower technique---> HERE.
Here's a closer peek:
Thanks so much for peeking today. I hope you (and my friend) like this layout :) You can find the Mimosa Papers (as well as other gorgeous SEI paper packs) on sale at YMH store.
Gotta Go!

7 comments:

  1. Oh that is gorgeous! The background cut beautifully. I love that you used the Mimosa papers :) I'll be sending you some SEI papers for April, you'll just have to let me know which ones you don't already have.
    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. beatiful page that she will love and love the subtle effect of the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous--great layout, color, and flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colors, love the layout and over all design of this pretty card!

    glitterbee hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, your friend will love it. The title is just so pretty, you did a wonderful job on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is beautiful! I never cease to be amazed at what people are doing with their Cricuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That background is gorgeous. Ok you are convincing me I need to upgrade from the baby bug!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin