Monday, March 29, 2010

Fluffy's Book

Hello again friends,
Well, it's been a long time since my last post right? But last week was crazy busy for me. Now I think I have a little breathing room again :)
Today, I wanted to share the book I've been working on for my beloved guinea pig, Fluffy, who died right before Christmas. Remember??? Click ---> Here, to go back in time.

Anyhoo, here's his mini-album:
It's made up of different shaped pages loaded with layers, embellies, & patterned papers.

FYI: Fluffer's book contains pics of him with my son, but I blurred his pic. Why??? Well, my brother works in Information Technology, and has shared some frightening things about crazies out there and pics people post of their children. Without going into details, since then, I decided not to post any current pics of my boys. (I'm a little more OK about baby pics, because they don't look like that anymore :( but I HATE, HATE, HATE that I can't share their pics with you because my boys are absolutely adorable! I mean look at my pic, right! --Wink ;) So I'm apologizing ahead of time, but I hope you understand my boys' safety comes first.
OK, let's get on with the book...

Here's the cover:
The first page:

2nd Page:

Back Page:

3rd Page:
Back Page:

4th Page:

Back Page:
5th Page:

Back Page (with an acetate cover on it):

Here is the complete book again:
Making mini-albums are my most favorite way to scrapbook because there's a clear theme and a beginning & end. I can complete a mini-album, but a regular 12x12 album... well... not so much! If you're intimidated or overwhelmed by scrapbooking 12x12 pages, start with a mini-album. You will love making them & being able to easily share them with others, and displaying them as part of your home decor.

I used a Paisleys & Polka Dots kit for his Mini-Album because I loved the shaped pages & the paper collection used. I changed several elements & added embellies to customize it to what I wanted to create. But, I thought it was just perfect for our sweet Fluff.

Thanks so much for peekin' today! I promise I'll have some Easter projects coming :)
Gotta Go!

6 comments:

  1. Awww, Karli, what a wonderful tribute! Awesome papers and accents! And, I wish we could be a little freer with info, too! A crazy world like ours makes special pets like Fluffy even more important I think! My animals help me keep it all in perspective and calm the rage that comes with the news sometimes! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mini album is the absolute cutest. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, Karli, this is awesome!!!! The cutest album!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karli, this is an amazing little book!! I know what you mean about 12x12 being intimidating!! I find I do better with the mini albums or 8x8 pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karli, I love the way you did this album. And, what a great tribute to Fluffy and a special treasure of memories for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tribute to Fluffy, I clicked to enlarge each one to read about Fluffy, the brussel sprouts cracked me up.

    I also had to laugh when you said the boys were adorable, just look at your pic. I said something like that recently when someone said Lilah was pretty, I said "just like her momma" I was joking of course, but they looked at me like I was insane! Your pic is adorable, and I'm sure your boys are, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin