Thursday, July 4, 2013

Vintage Birthday Girls

Hi ya friends,
I have a couple of friends who are having birthdays so I am sharing the cards I made for them today.
Here's the first card:
 Ok, so here's my same song: I have had this stamp & dienamics for a long time & never inked it up until now :( It's called Just my Type from MFT. I knew it would be *perfect* for my friend. We always take little pokes at how old we are, but no matter what she says about me, she's always going to be 20 years older than me! *Ãœ* I've been on a CAS kick lately, but getting back to a card with loads of layers is like putting on those fave pair of jeans you just love. Oh layers...how I love thee *Ãœ*

Here's a peek of the innies:
 The sentiment is from Pretty Poppies- MFT.

I used this week's 300th sketch celebration at Mojo Monday: Congrats!

The next card is for my bestie, who lives all the way in San Francisco.
 I HAVE used this stamp & die set before (so I'm not completely hopeless *Ãœ*.) I used strips of pink and green vellum so it wouldn't totally hide the beautiful Anna Griffin paper underneath. I think this is one of those cards that looks much prettier IRL. I used First Class Friend from MFT. 

Here's a peek of the innies.

I used this week's Sweet Stop sketch:

I'm off to get everything ready for our BBQ today!
Thanks for stopping by & hope you have a great day!
Tootles!

The 411 
Vintage Birthday Card:
Stamps: Just my Type-MFT
Paper: Lost & Found Sunshine-MME, Very Vanilla
Ink: versafine onyx black, Chestnut Roan
Accessories: just my type, fishtail flags dienamics-MFT, heart punch, Glossy Accents

Sending You Hugs: 
Stamps: First Class Friend, Pretty Poppies-MFT
Paper: Carolina- Anna Griffin, Certainly Celery, Vintage Cream, pink & green vellum
Ink: Blushing Bride, regal rose, creamy brown
Accessories: first class friend dienamics, heart border dienamics- MFT, Anna Griffin folder

9 comments:

  1. Totally, totally love your vintage typewriter card! Happy to see you back in the layer groove :)

    Your 'Hugs' card is lovely. You are right, that pretty paper should not be hidden.

    Best of luck on both challenges.

    Happy 4th of July and enjoy your BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fabulous Karli. Love the vintage typewriter and the papers on the first one... the postal stamps are awesome on the second... also like the pretty colors. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are absolutly adorable Karli! Love the typewriter card! =) Thanks for all of your sweet comments my dear blogging friend! They make my day! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crazy in love with both of these cards. Thanks for showing the insides what great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are lovely. I'm sure your friends will appreciate them. Thanks for playing along with The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the typewriter in vintage look Karli...the second one I love the combo of pink n green such a sweet combo..both are adorable Karli...big hugs from Germany..happy Saturday Karli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of your cards! Great interpretation of The Sweet Stop sketch! So glad you joined in the fun, and I hope you'll join us again for another great sketch!
    {hugs}
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are gorgeous. Love the vintage feel and layers on the first. Love the take on the sketch on the second one. Your friends will love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin