Wednesday, July 17, 2013

More Homework

Hi friends,
Today I have a bit of homework to catch up on from Card Camp. I needed some thank you cards so that's what I have to share.

Day 5 Assignment: Choose one of the color combos & make a card with it.
I chose this color combo:
 and Sketch # 3 to create this card:
I took inspiration from the cross stitch design on the pattern paper to create the elements on the card.

Card #2 is homework for Week 2 Day 1.
New color combo & sketches.
Here's my card for sketch #2:
 I went for a masculine card this time. I found 3 different "Thank" stamps & heat embossed them in white. I die cut the letters in "you"& popped them on to the pattern paper circles.

Card #3: Week 2 Day 2: Assignment: Multi-color embossing ombré
I used a blue, light green, & med green embossing powders to emboss the feather & the sentiment to create an ombré effect. The end result is beautiful, but it was time consuming & a bit tedious to sprinkle the different colors of embossing powder on both. I used sketch #3 (loosely) for this card.

That's it for homework today.
Thanks so much for popping in!
Tootles!

8 comments:

  1. Your cards are awesome and love the ombre technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow karli! I love each one of your cards! Such gorgeous creations and love the colors! Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are being really busy, huh? ;-)
    Love your cards. I might copy your masculine card. I'm always having problems with those kind of cards.

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful texture and flowers on the first card. Super masculine card (always so difficult for me). Your last card is simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you always have a fresh idea dear Karli..love all all are adorable card...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! All three are amazing. I love the texture on the first, looks great. The second is a fab manly card, I need to remember that layout and look, it's great. And the third is simply gorgeous! This class sounds like fun, next time I might have to sign up! Love everything you've been creating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun- you have been busy! I am loving the idea to emboss the flowers to recreate the Cross Stitch look- very nice! I am loving the 2nd card- with the three sentiments and the neat layout. I really like the fine detail of the third image with the different EP colors- looks like a very interesting class!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin