Friday, July 12, 2013

Enveloboxes & a Tute!

Hi ya friends,
This week's challenge at PTI's Make it Monday is to dress up an envelope. One of the questions I get asked most is how I make my enveloboxes for dimensional cards. So I thought I would combine the challenge at MIM & create a video tute to show you how I make them. What is an envelobox? It's an envelope & a box in one!---> an envelobox! I have used the Crafter's Companion board to make them for a long time, but once I got the Martha Stewart Score board, I started using that instead. So this tute is for creating enveloboxes in 2 sizes- A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") and 6" x 6" on the MS score board.
Here's the envelope & the card that matches it:

Here's the envelobox:
 I used the same stamp that's on the card, but didn't color it in.

Here's a couple peeks of how I embellish them:

I used a border punch to adhere a border of pansies along the edge. You can also punch directly on the edge of the envelope.

The video shows measurements for 1/2" depth. I also make enveloboxes up to 1 inch in depth for those everything-but-the-kitchen-sink cards I like to make. *Ü*

QUESTION: Can you mail these?
Yes, but you can't add layers to the envelope & it can't interfere with postal imprints. You'll be paying more to ship it too, so I reserve these for hand-delivering. If I want to mail a dimensional card, I put it in a mailer box or padded envelope.

Here's the video: Hope you enjoy!

You can watch it on You Tube---> HERE

Thanks for peeking!
I'm off to see T!m Holtz at the stamp show this weekend.  *Ü* Maybe he'll sign my last tag????
Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful set. I love that border punch. That's gorgeous!

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about the envelobox! The flowers, lines for the address and the adorable trim and flowers on the back flap. Beautiful card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so RAD, girl!! Thanks for the tutorial!! Have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karli, Your card and matching envelobox is so elegant. Love this flower image and the color combination too!
    Thank you so much for the great Tute~I've had the MS Score Board for a while and been meaning to look online for instructions on how to make envelopes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never used the envelope corner of my MS board! Thanks for the video. Love the tip of using a corner punch for decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous set and thanks ever so much for the wonderful tutorial as this will make it so much easier with my MS board hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool is this- I love the decorated boxalope....and the edging on the envelope- awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! Love the PTI decorated one, so pretty. Great tut, too! I can tell you are a great teacher, you explain things so well! Definitely going to try this, thanks so much!

    And, love the nails, I've seen in mags, that light blue in the "in" color, so you are very hip this summer!
    Hugs~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME!!!! the video is great and your finished cards are adorable!!!! So stepped up! Love them! What punch did you use on the pancy envelope? Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin