Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Camp Day 1

Hi friends,
 I decided that since it's going to be a staycation this summer, I'd treat myself to the deluxe accommodations at Online Card Classes *Ü* I really enjoyed the previous classes I took from Kristina Werner & Jennifer McGuire, so this will be the last of my play days before I'm back to school.

So, here's my homework for Day 1: Sketches & Color challenge

Since we can't post class content, I can't show you the sketches, but you know I'm pretty literal when it comes to sketches, so I'm sure you can picture the sketch by looking at my cards. *Ü*

Here's my card for sketch #1
I love the color combo of yellow, gray, & white so that's what I used on this card. I used the Ikat stamp set by Avery Elle to create the background on the banner. I used my Copic marker Y35 to color in the centers. The paper bow is from the Dainty Bows Dienamics from MFT. The bitty sentiment "Happy Day" comes from the Notched Tag stamp set- MFT. Faux stitching around the edges completes this card for the first sketch.

Card from Sketch #2:
I used my Inktense pencil in Fuchsia to do a gradient watercolor wash over the sentiment. I divided each of the "never" into separate bands per the sketch. The sentiment is from the Words of Inspiration stamp set by Inspired by Stamping & it's heat embossed in white. The butterflies are from Cheery Lynn called Exotic Butterflies. Do you see the little pink ribbon that makes up the body?
Here's another peek at them:
 The sentiment reads,"Never, never, never, never give up" which I think anyone who's had to go up against breast cancer knows all too well...

 Card from Sketch #3:
 For this card, I wanted to make something fun! I haven't used this stamp set in ages so I dusted it off & played with it. I stamped the bike so that it looked like it was popping a wheelie! *Ü* I had these cute buttons in my stash that ended up looking so whimsy on the bike. I colored the outside of the buttons with my black Copic marker for the tire tread. The bike is from the Everyday Button Bits stamp set from PTI. I colored it with metallic silver Prisma pencil & the seat in blue.

That's it for day 1's homework! I didn't have to use all 3 sketches, but you know I luuuv sketches & I like 3... 3 is a good number *Ü*

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Tootles!

The 411
Card #1 Happy Day
Stamps: Ikat- Avery Elle. Notched Tags_ MFT
Ink: Soft Granite- Hero Arts
Paper: Basic Gray, So Saffron- SU, Neenah White
Accs: Dainty Bows Dienamics- MFT, Back to Basics Tags- Spellbinders, twine, Viva Decor Pen, white gel pen, Design Ruler- TH

Card #2 Never Give Up
Stamps: Words of inspiration- IBS, 
Ink: Versamark- heat embossed in detail white
Paper: Pink Pirouette- SU, Strathmore watercolor paper, Think pink- Making Memories
Accs: Inktense Pencils, Exotic butterflies- Cheery Lynn, Stickles, Viva Decor pen, white gel pen, Design Ruler- TH
pink ribbon stick pin

Card #3 Enjoy the Ride
Stamps: Everyday Button Bits- PTI
Ink: Gray Flannel-Memento, Bashful Blue-SU
Paper: Blue cs, green cs- Bazzill, Clouds, white shimmer, Basic Gray-SU
Accs: Fishtail flag, Snow Drifts dienamics, Prisma pencils, gold signo pen, cloud die- PTI, buttons-Joleen's, Plaid EF- CB

10 comments:

  1. WOW!! I LOVE your cards. That gradient watercolor wash is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Love all 3 cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your cards too, so neat and perfectly made. C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards! I love that bike scene card. I love that you use the cloud die for sentiments...I have to give that a try. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - love the yellow bow on the ikat card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards. All three of them.
    I love the colors on the first one, the gradient watercolor part on the second and the 'button wheels' on the third one. *Ü*

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three cards are simply gorgeous!! Love the soft colors on them! have a wonderful evening sweety! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I first thought the banner was PP. You certainly created a lovely pattern.

    All three cards deserve an A!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that pink card with the ribbon in the center of the butterfly. As a cancer survivor (not breast cancer) I feel that sentiment goes for all types and is critical for survival. Thanks for posting this! Means a lot to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these are all gorgeous. Love the color combo on the first. The second is so soft pretty and inspirational. And the third is just plain fun! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin