Friday, May 29, 2020

Fiesta Birthday Slimline Card + VIDEO

Hello friends,
Today I have a birthday card I made for a teacher friend.
Here it is:
I used the Hola Mexico stamp set from Waffle Flower.
I colored it with lots of Copic markers in rainbow colors. I popped up the dancer, the papel picado banner, and the piñata. Since I wanted to use as many of the cute images, I decided that a Slimline card was in order! For details, I added Stickles to the banners, piñata, her dress, and the hats.

Here's a peek at the innies:
The "felicidades" is a Tim Holtz' die. I didn't even know he created dies in Spanish until I ran across them by chance on Simon Says Stamp! I was so excited to see T!M created dies in Spanish *Ü* Felicidades means "Congratulations" or "Best Wishes" in this case for a birthday. In case you're wondering about the upside down (inverted) exclamation mark, in Spanish, an exclamation mark (or question mark) is used before the expression and after it. It alerts the reader, that there is an exclamatory ( or interrogatory) phrase coming up.

Guess what? There's a video of how this card came together.
or watch it ----> HERE, if you'd like.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you're all in good health!
Until next time...

Supplies:
STAMPS: Hola Mexico- Waffle Flower

DIES: Hola Mexico- Waffle Flower
(Escritura en la Sombra: Cada Dia #1) Shadow Script: Everyday #1 -Sizzix Tim Holtz
Sheltering Tree & Leaf Trio- My Favorite Things
Slim Card Basics- Mama Elephant

1 comment:

  1. Your friend will definitely love the card!!! Superb coloring. Such a fun and happy card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin