Monday, September 2, 2013

Thank You, Teacher

Hi ya friends,
Long time no see!  I'm back today to share a few things I had a chance to work on recently.
It's back to school time for lots of peeps, including my little one. I think there's something right about starting school after Labor Day, maybe I'm a creature of habit. Anyhoo, I thought this week I would share some school-inspired projects to get you in the school spirit!

Today, I have a teacher card to share:
 I used one of my fave teacher images: MFT's A la Modes~ An Apple for Teacher. I decided I would use some honeycomb paper to pop-up the apple & make it fun *Ü*

I think any apple teacher card should be accompanied by an apple treat box you can fill with loads of goodies!
 The apple box is an svg file from my FAVE svg site~ svgcuts.com. It's from Miss Baker's Classroom.
I was going to put some Caramel Apple Sugar Babies I bought, but I don't think the teacher wants only three Sugar Babies :( ooops! They were pretty yummy though!

Here's a peek of the simple innies:
 I used this week's MFT sketch:

I have one more card I made last week, but didn't get a chance to post it:
 I used MFT's At the Movies stamp & DIenamics set. I think I've used this one more than any other MFT set I own (and I have lots!) I luv, luv, luv it!

Here's a peek of the innies:
 It's going to a friend who loves going to the movies. I think she'll like it *Ü*

and here's last week's sketch:
Thanks so much for peeking today!
I'll be back with more school goodies...
Tootles!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Karli,
    missed seeing your creations. ;-)
    Love your cards.
    Especially the idea with the honeycomb paper apple. Genius!

    Have a great week!
    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the honeycomb apple! I would love the apple, even empty :)
    I keep eyeing the MFT movie set. Fab, fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards as always Karli. Love the honeycomb apple and the apple treat box!
    Wishing you a really fabulous school year and students of your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this post- the 1st card is so cute- love the honeycomb apple- darling! The SVG apple is so fun- the sugar babes- well, at first I thought they must be huge , as only 3 would fit....then I figured out what you really meant! Oh dear- love the movie card- fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the teacher gift, so sweet and the matching card is awesome. That honeycomb apple looks amazing. Laughing about only three left, that is so me! Fun movie themed card, that would be perfect for a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These projects are so fun, Karli! I've never tried the honey comb. I always loved those honeycomb decorations as a child. The mechanism of that paper is so cool! Love that apple box!! I've seen you use it before, it's so stinkin' cute!! I love what you do with the MFT movie theme set, it is timeless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin