Sunday, September 29, 2013

PI Girls

Hi ya friends!
I have been crazy busy, but finally had a whole weekend to spend in Studio K!
Today, I have a couple of cards to share.
Here's the first:
 I haven't colored in forever, so I was really struggling to color this PI. I thought about putting her in the round file (trash can) several times, but just couldn't :( I knew I hadn't colored in a while & was really rusty, but this was ridiculously horrible! Then I realized what it could be... my E00 marker was dry!  Luckily, I had the refill & proceeded to refill my marker. Once it was ready to go, I tried to fix her a bit.  That did help some & kept her out of the round file.

Here are the innies:
 I took the other half of the circle to bring the balloon element to the inside. I used twine for string.

Now on to something a bit more spooky!
 What a difference a wet marker makes! Although I am still totally rusty, I felt much happier with her skin. I couldn't wait to ink her up! I added yellow Spica glitter pen to the jack-o-lantern face on her shirt. But she's not just for Halloween. Her little shirt is blank & you stamp the face on it. The little grave stone is from the Halloween charms Dienamics. The fence is a MS punch. The moon was made from yellow vellum. This card came together speedy quick!

I used this week's MFT sketch for both cards:

 Since it's been a while, I think I'll play along in the following challenges:
 Corrosive Challenges: Cute & Creepy
613 Avenue Create: Make your own challenge: At least 1-3 from every column  
Addicted to stamps: Create a Scene
A.R.T. Card Challenges: Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz: Decorate the inside of the card
Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes

I'm so happy to have had a couple of lovely crafternoons *Ü* and that it's Pumpkin Spice Latte time at Starbucks!!! And... McDonald's has their version of PSL too & it's yummy as well.

Life is Good, friends *Ü*
Until next time...
Thanks for popping by!

The 411
Card #1
Stamps: PI -digital, Pretty Poppies-MFT
Ink: Night of Navy-SU
Paper: On the bright side-MME, Harvest Gold, Rustic White-PTI
Tools: Accent it: Celebrate-MFT dienamics
Other: copics, viva pen, twine, white gel pen

Card #2
Stamps: PI- Pretty Pumpkin-MFT
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, silver-Hero Arts
Paper: Black-PTI, Night of Navy -SU, Steel Gray- MFT, Vellum, Happy Haunting- Graphic 45
Tools: Halloween Charms- MFT, Iron Fence punch- MS
Other: copics, Viva pen

14 comments:

  1. Hi, Karli, nice to see you back! Both projects are fabulous and make create use of the sketch. I love the use of color on your "Celebrate" project! Your paper piecing is wonderful and the composition is wonderful! Very cohesive, fun design! Thanks for leaving this on our front porch here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so adorable! Love the big half balloon on the inside of the birthday card and the starry Halloween sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great the way you carried the balloon to the inside of the card.

    Love the Halloween card! The vellum moon looks nice and spooky with the sky shining through.

    Good luck with your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards! I love the design of them all, the beautiful images and color schemes! :)
    Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karli- I love your cards- the coloring looks great to me! I love that layout- how cool is the inside of the card using the other 1/2 of the circle. The great big moon- gotta CASE this idea- LOVE this darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh this is so super cute!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous cards Karli! You are way to hard on yourself regarding your colouring skills. Both cards were fabulous. I love the way you wrapped the balloon inside the first card. The second card with the stamped T-shirt is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great cards, I especially love how you have taken the balloon onto the inside with the first card
    Thanks for joining us this week over at Charisma Cardz challenge blog.
    Good Luck with the challenge
    Hugs
    Marie (A Charisma Gal)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love the colour scheme of the first card especially. Thanks for playing along at Charisma this challenge.

    Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of them! :) Great coloring and layout.
    Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. both are cuuuteee I love the little girl with Balloon and the little girl with Boo two different scene and both are adorable...love your idear Karli...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards! Love the adorably spooky Halloween one! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful creations. I love the colors you used and that celebrate border is awesome. Glad you joined us at our neighborhood---613 Avenue Create Challenge.

    God bless,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karli! I have to say I am a fan of your work and receive your posts by email. I just wanted to let you know that you are a winner this week at 613 Avenue Create! Congrats! Please email Chana at 613avenuewin at hotmail dot com

    Hugs,
    Kathi
    Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin