Tuesday, September 18, 2012

You're the caramel apple of my eye

Hi friends,
I'm back today with a second idea for teacher gifts.
I'm a sucker for apple stuff- maybe it's that teacher thing, so of course, I haaaad to make something apple cutesy :)
Here it is:
 This is an apple-shaped box. I embossed the bottom wedges with the alphabet embossing folder & wished I would have done the top too- I really like how it looks (although it's hard to tell in this pic.)
Clearly the summer has done nothing for my photog skills...

 This sweet apple is even yummier on the inside:
I filled it with an entire bag of caramel apple Werther's candies :) This box is a very nice size for filling with goodies or school supplies. This is another svg file from svgcuts.com. This project comes from the Miss Baker's Classroom collection which can be found---> Here.

A little update: My craft room is finally in order, my oldest is off to a good start in college and my little one is making a good transition to middle school. This year we started a month earlier in my district so my summer vacation was ever so short. I'm teaching my fav class to teach- Spanish 1 (yaaay!) and my least fav class to teach- the AP prep class :(  boo. Ah well, both keep me busy in different ways: Spanish 1 with bouncy, flouncy, pouncy freshmen (they suck the life out of me- energy wise!) and 4 Honors takes a lot of preparation, but after 17 years I still luuuv what I do.

Well, that's it for today. I'll be back with more...
Gotta Go!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I really love this one. I think whoever receives this will absolutely love it. I am sure they will love what is inside also..LOL. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karli,
    Love this wonderful apple (I'm in to them too -- must be a teacher thing!) Didn't know about the caramel apple Werther's but sound delicious. Thanks for sharing your talents again today!
    So glad to hear that some of your teaching load is something you're excited about. I still marvel at your ability to move from elementary school to high school without freaking out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caramel and apple--yummy combo! Adorable box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you love what you do! I LOVE this fun project- how cool is this! I have to go and check out that collection! It is harder on you when they go off to college.... than it is on them...most of the time anyway- hope all is well and that your younger one is transitioning well to middle school : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin