Friday, July 17, 2009

Ways to use it #5: Shaker Cards

Hi friends,
Today I'm sharing the last of my projects for what you can do with the Sizzix/Papertrey Ink packaging. Today I'll be sharing

Ways to Use It #5: Shaker Cards
I've got two versions of the Shaker Cards. These cards are so fun and easy to make! Let's get on with the deets:

Card #1: I Salute You

Here's a closer look at the shaker boxThis card is going to a student I had 3 years ago. Her sister was deployed to Iraq (for the third time) and I'm sending it to her to keep for herself or send to her sister. I used a brand spankin' new Cuttlebug folder (not yet released in the stores.) It features the five-pointed star that is very popular in home decor. There's a Sizzix die that matches. There's glitter & silver stars in the little shaker box.


Card #2 Aloha Party Invitation
This simple, cute little card has the shaker box on the inside of the card, but it's made the same way as the other. I used my Cricut "Life is a Beach" cartridge to create the card. There's real sand in the shaker box and on the bottom edge of the card. I chalked the sunset beach background.

I hope that the projects I've shared with you this week have inspired you to recycle your clear packaging. I know Leo (DiCaprio) is proud of me and totally smitten! Tee hee!!! I'm sure you can come up with even more cool things to do with it-- and won't you share your ideas with me? I'd love to expand my use of acetate even more!
If you've missed any of the ideas this week, just click on the "Ways to Use it" label in the sidebar.

Thank you so much for peeking at my projects! SCS has a tutorial on how to make Shaker Cards, so check that out here. Hmmm. Hula girl has got me thinking about fruity drinks---Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin