Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Surfer Wedding

Hi friends,
Today I have this wedding card to share with you. My hubby asked me to make a card for friends of his who are big time s
urfers. They are getting married next week (in Hawaii). I excitedly whipped out my wedding cake die, but my hubby said "I was thinking of maybe something with a surfer feel since they're both really into surfing." Mojo killer. I was so excited to use my wedding cake die, had all these ideas spinning in my head--- but no. Anyhoo, this is what I created for them:
I made a surfboard template & traced 2 on swirly pearlized paper. Used a (new) embossing folder for the background (sneak peek time!)


added the congrats in a little pearl letters.


I added real sand to the bottom layers that I tore out of cardstock. I tried to make the leashes come around to form a heart with the two "rings" at the ends.


Kept the inside simple. The right hand edge has a wave border. The title on the left looks much better in person. I cut that out with the Storybook Cartridge (luuuuv) on my Cricut.
The base card is made from Shimmer White Cardstock from PTI. I tried to make an untraditional wedding card with traditional elements (white, pearls, ribbon) so I hope they (and you) like it.

Thanks for peekin' in today! I'm off to clean up my craft area-- Gotta go!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wedding card for the surfer duo!! I'm sure they will absolutely love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO awesome - exactly what I love doing - making cards specifically to fit a person and their interests. I wish I knew surfers getting married so I could make this card!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin