Friday, June 5, 2015

You're Smokin' HOT!

Hi ya friends,
Today I'm hopping along with Pretty Pink Posh for the...

I thought it would be fun to join & practice watercoloring since that is probably the hardest color medium for me--- but I do enjoy it!

Here's my watercolor piece: (Sorry, you know my photog skills are worse than my watercolor skills :(
 When I think of watercoloring, I think pretty... flowers & butterflies & such. But I decided I was going to step out of the box & watercolor something F-U-N!   I used a new set I picked up from Lawn Fawn called Let's BBQ. I luuuved the images & punny sayings in this set...however... in my neck of the woods one must specify what someone is "smokin'" because it could NOT be a nice thing... for example: "You're smokin'_____!" (Insert NOT nice thing there.) So I made sure to specify "You're smokin' HOT!" *Ü*

Here's a closer peek at that juicy T-bone on the grill:
 I should mention I used Distress Inks for the whole panel. Even though you can't tell, I used the Wink of Stella pen on the BBQ grill & flames. I mixed Barn Door & Vintage Photo to give that steak a medium cooked look. (Sorry vegetarians...)

Here's a peek of the innies:
Don't ask me why I added a mustard bottle next to the relish sentiment???  Anyhoo, I used the new Wonky Stitches die from Avery Elle to frame the inside panel-LUV!

I thought this would make a fun Father's Day card *Ü* I will list all the Distress Colors I used below.

Thanks so much for peeking today!
Have a well-done day!


The 411
Stamps: Let's BBQ Stamp set- Lawn Fawn
Paper: Ranger Watercolor paper, True Black cs-PTI, Neenah Solar White cs
Ink: Distress Inks-Ranger, Black Licorice, Chocolate Brown Hybrid Inks- MFT
Tools: Let's BBQ dies- Lawn Fawn, Wonky Stitches die-Avery Elle, Ranger watercolor brush

Distress Inks Used: Sky- Tumbled Glass.  Grass: Mowed Lawn. Grill: Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, & Black Soot. Flames: Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade. Steak: Barn Door & Vintage Photo. Mustard Bottle: Fossilized Amber

7 comments:

  1. So fun and cute! LOVE your wonderful card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to take a bite outta that steak. Great card. Love the colors and the sentiment is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Lawn Fawn!!! Love the images, you've made great cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just too much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute. Love punny cards. So fun ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a medium rare person and your T-bone looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin