Thursday, June 11, 2015

Cactus Background

Hello friends,
Today's card uses the technique of watercoloring with the Wink of Stella pen. So instead of using a traditional water & brush and then applying the Wink of Stella on top, you use the clear Wink of Stella as the means to watercolor. I saw the crafty genius, Jennifer McGuire, use this technique a while back & had to try it for myself.

Here's my card:
 I heat embossed the beautiful image in gold embossing powder on Ranger watercolor paper. Then I used my Distress markers & scribbled painted away! *Ü* I think it's so forgiving to watercolor with the markers because you scribble the colors on & blend them easily with the brush. I wish I could capture with my camera all the shimmery happiness on this card!

Here's a different peek:
I die-cut the Hello from gold cardstock so it would blend with the background. In addition to the image being sparkly, the pattern paper is glittery as is the green strip.

I used this week's Sweet Sunday sketch:
I thought the large, main panel would be a great way to showcase this beautiful & neglected background stamp I've had in my stash for too long...

I'll be playing along in the following challenges:
The Crafter's Cafe: #120 Anything Goes
Crafty Creations: #291 Embossing
Wonderful Wednesdays: Anything Goes

This is such a fun technique! I hope you give it a try *Ü*
Thanks so much for peeking!
Tootles!


The 411
Stamps: Cactus Background- Peddler's Pack
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Neenah Solar White cs. Watercolor paper-Ranger. Gold cs. Glitter paper-DCWV
Tools: Sentiment dies (DIE174W) Impression Obsession. Stitched Jumbo Fishtail Flags Dienamics-MFT. Distress Markers-Ranger. Wink of Stella brush- clear
Colors used: Cactus- Twisted Citron, peeled paint, mowed lawn. Sky- tumbled glass, salty ocean. Flowers- abandoned coral, wild honey, mustard seed. Sand- antique linen, vintage photo

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Love it! Fun image and super coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin