Saturday, October 20, 2012

Witch Candy Bar Card

Hi ya friends,
I have the next character ready to unveil to tempt your sweet tooth. It's a candy bar card just like Frankie, his hunny, and Mummy, but this one has a couple of ghastly additions!
Here it is:
So joining the cast is this frightful & delightful little witch. But don't let her scare ya---> it's what's on the inside that counts & that's a Hershey bar!

So here's today's tute!

Tools you'll need:
The 2nd & 3rd largest ovals from the SMALL Oval Nestabilities
1 one inch Styrofoam ball

Here are the parts:
I cut out a witch hat from the Happy Hauntings Cricut cartridge. (Download the template for two hat options ---> Here <---)

The items on the left are the "befores" and on the right you have the "afters"---> what the pieces will look like once they've been altered.
1 black oval (from the 3rd largest die). Cut about 1/4 of it off to create the open mouth.
1 green oval (from the 2nd largest die). I trimmed it to create her hooked nose. Then I added a green spot of green Pearl pen to create a wart.
Cut the styrofoam ball in half to create the eyes. I took a BLACK Sharpie & made dots to the centers of the balls (pupils) then I took a RED Sharpie & made some squiggle lines so she looks like she needs some sleep! Then I added some dimensional pupils with my black pearl pen.

You'll also need some 1/2" strips of black cardstock for the hair. Accordian fold it to create the stringiness and a 1 3/4" x 2 3/4" piece for the bangs.

Now you're ready to assemble!
Glue the strands of hair to the card base. Then add the bang layer and the hat on top of that.

Glue the eyes...

The nose...
and the mouth. Be sure to add some teeth! I simply cut little yellow squares from a piece of yellow scrap paper, but if you want your witch to look even ghastlier...
You can give her some pointy, sharp teeth!

And your witch is done!
All the 3D elements make this girl loads of fun to give & receive :)


I'd like to throw my hat in the following challenges:
One Stop Crafts: Anything Goes
Card Crafter's Circle: #45 Halloween
Inspire Me Fridays: Anything Goes

Thanks for peeking today!
Hope you have a frightfully great day! cackle! cackle! cackle!

7 comments:

  1. This one is my favorite from your candy bar series. Love the blood shot eyes and yellow teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! She is SPOOKTACULAR!! :) I LOVE your candy bar series. I hope you have more to share!!

    Where can we get the template for the hat? I don't have the Cricut cartridge you mentioned.

    Thanks for the ongoing inspiration!! I ALWAYS find your projects AWESOME!!

    Judy
    lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This project really put a smile on my face! She is sooo witchy cute! Thanks for sharing your fabulous creations once again Karli.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! Forgot to say thanks for the witch hat template!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW awesome.My daughter has been asking me for a monster theme party-- your tutorial will come in so useful!! Have pinned it here:Box tutorials

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin