Friday, June 22, 2012

A Teacher's Pencil

Hi ya friends,
Ok, so it's been crazy busy as my little one went through his Promotion ceremony on Tuesday & my oldest went through Graduation on Wednesday night. Tear, tear, they're growing up! So tomorrow is the promotion/graduation party at my house & it's been crazy getting everything in order! If you have a HS senior on the horizon SAVE YOUR MONEY cuz it's an EXPENSIVE year! LOL!

Ok, so I thought I would share the end of the year gift my little one gave to his teacher. Because I was so pressed for time I didn't come up with anything too over the top, but I still think it was super cute (not to mention that everyone was oohing & ahhing when I brought it in- he he he ;)

Here it is:
 It's a pencil-shaped box! I also included a little matching card that held a gift card inside.
Here's how the box opens:
  It's made up of 2 parts: the pencil and the eraser which are both empty so you can fill it with goodies & stuff :)

I also made one for his 4th grade teacher cuz I just luv her! She's the best :)
I personalized them with my Xyron Design Runner. I've had it for such a long time, but hadn't even opened it. Sad, I know :( ... and it's so cool & easy to use.

I also made myself a "sample"


This pencil is only one of the six different cute as can possibly be projects from SVGcuts.com. It is called School Days SVG Kit. Yes, I finally broke down & used the Sure Cuts a Lot 2  (SCAL) program I bought like a year ago AND HAD NEVER USED!!! I just thought it would be complicated & difficult to figure out how to use, but I am kicking myself super hard right now cuz it could not have been any easier!!! In less than 5 minutes I was cutting away---> seriously!!! My blog pal, Patti Lee, was the one to turn me on to them. She made the cuuuuutest projects & I was so hesitant to give it a go. DUMB! DUMB! Well, now you'll be seeing more, let me tell ya!  Plus, SVGcuts.com has an assembly video tutorial for each of the projects to show you how to put it together. I found it super helpful.

Some final deets: The papers are from A Boy's Life collection from Echo Park. Stamps: Teacher's Apple-PTI, Blue Skies- Verve and Chalkboard-Stampendous. This box is 8" tall & about 3.25" wide. Great size :)

Anyhoo, thanks for peeking in today. :) I've got loads to do before tomorrow, so...
Gotta Go!

15 comments:

  1. Your pencils are adorable!
    Blessings...Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karli, This is the perfect project for you to make. I was just thinking of this pencil box for my Grand Neices to give to their teachers when school starts. They are so ever cute!!!! Leo & Mary (SVGcuts.com) sure create such great projects to make using SCAL. I am so very glad you took the plunge, ya gotta be ready. And, afterwards, you do wonder why it took so long. I can't wait to see other SCAL projects!!!! Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not over the top heh! These are amazing. I am a teacher and I would totally love to have one of these. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, our kidos do grow up to fast! Congrats to yours!!! Love the projects! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHHH MY WOW!! This is brilliant and wonderful!!!

    Rina Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh, Karli! This is just so awesome!! I will definitely be making these for my sister and her teacher friends.

    Big Hugs,
    Beth

    PS You are so not old enough to have kids graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti sent me a link to your post...as I have Sure Cuts A Lot 2 for two years and never have used it....sound familiar! Guess she is trying to recruit us...LOL! I have a small CRICUT and the Gypsy, and the Design Studio.....don ' t use any of them....love my Big Shot and dies. So, where did you get the directions for your project...and what machine are you using to cut???
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karli, these pencil boxes are just perfect.
    I think I might give it a try since one of my boys graduated from school this summer, too, and I need a little gift for his teacher.

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    PS. And thanks for always taking time to leave sweet comments on my blog. I really appriciate that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! In addition to teacher gifts, these would be nice for first day of schools gifts for the little ones and also party favors. Oh, I so want a Cameo...Enjoy the festivites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally fantastic! It doesn't appear simple at all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your post and I'm so very curious about the SCAL. I have no idea what it is and how to get it. I have a Cricut, but don't use that much and want to get the best use out of it. With SCAL do I need the cartridges? How and where do I get the cheapest price on SCAL. Someone give me some info on it please, I want to make cutesy projects like this! Thanks! msmargaritapatcomcastdotnet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your projects are so amazing! I am always in awe of your ideas for one- but your creativity! These are the coolest boxes! Congrats on all of your milestones- yep H.S. grad is sooo expensive- going to parties and writing checks all summer.....!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay -- I just love these pencils! Your kids teachers must just love you. You always make amazing things and are so generous with gift cards, etc.
    Hope both celebrations were wonderful and that you're not too exhausted from the after-parties!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love this! Just got round to making your project from last year with the trio boxes to put goodies into.

    Alex from England x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so adorable, love it!

    Only just made your project from last year - the three boxes that houses goodies inside :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    Alex from England x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin