Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cinema Saturday Challenge- The Holiday

Hello again friends!
I'm back because I *had* to create a card for this week's flick over at Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge :
This is one of my fav movies!!! I know it's not in my fav genre- Horror and I don't do "chick flicks" but this is one excellent movie! The cast is awesome! I didn't get what everybody saw in Jude Law, I mean he has a receding hairline & stuff, but this film made me realize what it was. He is sooo charming & attractive- yup, I get it y'all! At first, I didn't get Jack Black's casting in this movie, but he was so vulnerably sweet & super perfect for Kate Winslet's character, Iris. I love all the different connections between the characters, esp the one with Iris & Arthur. OK, 'nuff babbling :)
Here's my card:
What inspired my card was the idea of opening up your home to a total stranger to enjoy the way Amanda & Iris did. That's so adventurous :) The film takes place during the Christmas Holiday so I added a little pine spring with berries over the window. It's yellow like Iris' little cottage. I used my Scor-Pal to make little bricks. BTW, Amanda's home is my DREAM home! That house is spectacular! I totally fell in love with it & would take it as is- I would change NOTHING! :) I added eyelets to accent the sentiment border for the challenge requirement. I used Home Made Stamp Set from PTI. I stamped the window with Fresh Snow on Vellum CS.

If you haven't seen this movie- your homework is to rent it! My older son & I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Thanks so much for peeking!
Gotta Go!

7 comments:

  1. what a very sweet card. Love the embossed background of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bricks -what a clever idea!
    Great card, I think I would love to stay in either one of their homes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karli, love the card! The brick background is awesome. Great Cinema Saturday Challenge card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this movie! I absolutely love your card and it's a perfect 'take' on the movie! I love how you made the brick pattern on your score board! I'll have to try this some time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karli, this is fabulous! LOVE the brick b/g. I cheat and use the new Tim Holtz embossing folder. I don't think I could ever get my lines as straight as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That brick background is brilliant, love it! I really liked this movie, too, it wasn't your usual mushy chick flick, it was funny too! Great representation of the movie, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The brick background is amazing and love your card. I like the film too, nice escapist froth:).

    prefer your card to the film if there's a competition LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin