Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Teacher's Lunch Box

Hi ya friends,
Today I'm sharing the end of the year gift I made for Jordan's teacher.
Here it is:
It's the lunch box, book, and apples.
So let's give ya the deets to each one.

The Lunchbox:
I created this lunch box using Lauren's template "Let's Do Lunch". I bought it a while back, but hadn't made anything with it. I did a ribbon treatment to the front & adhered an apple button to it.

Next up are the apple cards.
I cut these out on my Cricut & adhered the gift cards with removable glue dots. I stamped the sentiments & added a simple bow---> eeeeeeeasy!

Here is the book:
I created this to look like a book. And inside, the gift card is tucked in.
The Deets:
Box:
Start with a sheet of paper 7 1/4" x 5 1/4"
Score the long side at: 3/4", 3 1/4", 4", 6 1/2" 
Score 3/4" on all 4 sides (2 of the sides will have already been done)
Assemble your box.

Book Cover: 
Paper 6 3/8" x 4 3/8"
Score the long side at: 2 7/8" & 3 5/8" (this creates the spine)
Embellish as you'd like :)
 Here they are nicely tucked in.

So what do you get a teacher for the end of the year? It depends on the teacher! Typically for the end of the year, I like giving (and getting ;) gift cards. GCs are a good way to go. You should probably avoid things like mugs (you can only have so many mugs!), or knick knacks/decorations.
I know what I appreciate (even more than GCs) is when a parent writes me a letter to let me know that they appreciated my hard work. I keep those and look at them when I start to feel that I went into the wrong profession! they keep me hangin' on just a little longer :) I love when they bring me fresh flowers from their gardens. So you don't have to spend tons on a gift for teacher appreciation for a teacher to feel appreciated.

Thanks so much for peeking! To see more ideas, click on the TEACHER RESOURCES link in the sidebar :)
Gotta Go!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my word, what an absolutely wonderful gift idea. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome teacher's gift. I bet she loved all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This if a fabulous project that a lot of heart went into making. The recipient is sure to love this one. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS LOVELY! LADYBUG1376@HOTMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! I know I'd love something like that. You put a tremendous amount of effort into this project and it turned out amazing. Love all the details. Fabulous job! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, fabulous, fun teacher gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG ....you did an awesome job..I might scraplift this idea for my dd's kindergarten teacher for next year...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this and the tips about what teachers appreciate. Helps a tonne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how fabulous! I just love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow- thist is so awesome- I bet the teachers from the next year up are fighting over having your son in their class...LOL WOw- and the gift card too- your projects always WOW me! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fab teacher project. I always write a TY with the gift, but I think this year I'm going to really write a letter and be specific about how special my son's teacher is. Great idea Karli!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good heavens can I teach your kids? LOL! What awesome projects and such a fun way to give gift cards, these are brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable!! Thank you for sharing the instructions- I just love the book and barnes & noble gc, to me, is the ultimate!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin