Monday, October 7, 2013

Good Times, dear chalkboard

Hi friends,
I remember, when I was a little girl, playing school with my stuffed animals and Barbies (as many a little girl does) *Ü* One of my favorite things to do (besides passing out stickers for a job well done) was writing on the chalkboard. Well, years later when I became a real teacher, I looked forward to writing on a real, legit chalkboard! I loved it!!! I was living the dream... Then my dream was erased away when whiteboards started replacing them. I understood that some children's allergies were made worse by all the chalk dust, but white boards just weren't the same... I missed my chalkboard...  But chalk it up to this wonderful hobby, as now, I get to once more enjoy the chalkboard... at least the look of it through the oh so popular chalkboard technique.

Here's my card:
 I used a sentiment from MFT's Chalkboard Greetings stamp set. I embossed it in Hero Arts white embossing powder & tapped it with my frost white ink pad. The flower is my fave MFT flower die- mini hybrid heirloom rose. It absolutely makes the preeeettiest flowers *Ü* and if you get that, you've gotta get the Royal Leaves---> They go together perfectly! All the papers are Anna Griffin. The border, cut from gold cardstock, is from Cheery Lynn. Ahhh, sweet, sweet chalkboard... you're still the one...

I used this week's MFT sketch (rotated):

Well, after all of this, I don't want you to think I'm a dinosaur resistant to change. I am so happy to be rid of the overhead projector. I luv, luv, luv my Elmo document reader that took it's place. Now, if someone can find a replacement for grading essays, I'm all ears!

I'm playing along in the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create: Anything Goes challenge #40
Creative Craft Challenges: Anything Goes
Tip Top Tuesday: Flowers  My tip: for heat embossing use an embossing buddy to prevent fly away powder. Hero Arts white embossing powder leaves a thick, smooth, solid imprint. I call it Jaws because it really is a great white. ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Until next time...

10 comments:

  1. ooh I love the green chalkboard too Karli...and your flower is gorgeous....adorable card...hugs from Germany...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure made chalkboard pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this gorgeous card! Your rose is beautiful- and loving the chalkboard technique. I did not give any thought to teachers not writing on chalkboards anymore- interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Love the chalkboard technique, looks great. I always loved being the one picked to go clap the erasers out, lol! Gorgeous flower and leave combo, too. And the gold border is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the rose and your border. Congrats on your MFT win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous card and love the take on the sketch.

    Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky I have some candy on my blog ;o) http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/09/400-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Karli. Love that flower and cute chalk board. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Craft Challenges and good luck. Hugs Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, don't forget we have a DT call too! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw your tissue in a box get well card on Pinterest and I can't thank you enough for your wonderful video and tutorial!!! Please keep sharing your AWESOME talents with your fellow paper crafter admirers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin