Thursday, April 4, 2013

Baby Closet Dividers

Hi ya friends,
Today I have a little something (well, actually four little somethings) to share with you that are going to my teacher friend who's having her first little bundle. I originally saw this idea in the April issue of Papercrafts mag & knew I had to do it for her. The mag version was simple & sweet & since we all know I don't do simple very well, I went for something a bit more ---> me *Ü*

Here they are:
 These little clothes dividers hang on the closet bar & divide the baby clothes by size. Sweetness... happy sigh Ü. All of them were made with a combination of punches, dies, & stickers (some of which I've had for a while & finally put to good use!)

Here's a closer peek at each one:
Here's the 0-3 months divider
I used my Distress inks to create the background & then added the punched picket fence, grass & the rest are stickers.

Here's the back:
 I decorated the backs, but did manage to keep them simple. I signed each one too *Ü*

Next: 3-6 months
 I used a beautiful pearlescent & textured cardstock I've been hoarding. I sprinkled some snowflake stickers & pearls with my Viva pen.

Here's the back:

Then comes 6-12 months:
 This one was all stickers. Easy peasy!

Here's the back:

Last is the 12-18 months:
 I cut some "sand-looking" paper then just added more stickers.

Here's the back:
 All I did was emboss the cardstock with the clouds embossing folder (Darice) & outline the clouds with a white gel pen.

Here's a speedy quick look at how I made them.

I used a cereal box as the base of each divider to make them sturdier. I cut them out using my Circle Nesties (the largest circle from the LG set & the 3rd largest from the SM set.) If you can, it's a good idea to cut out your pattern paper along with the cardboard so all of them will fit perfectly when you glue them together. But what I did was use washi tape to hold the dies together & create a template of sorts & that worked out fine. I used the same washi strip for all of the cuts I made.

Adhere all your pieces & decorate as you'd like.

 The last thing is to cut a straight line at the bottom of your divider so you can slip it onto the closet bar. I sealed the edges with glossy accents.

Here they are again:
 I will be making a little box in which to put them & they will be ready to go!

It was a fun little project & I hope she finds them cute enough to use *Ü*

Thanks for peeking today!
Tootles!

6 comments:

  1. OMG........what a clever idea. And I love how you decorated them. Soooo pretty!

    Big hugs my friend,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute!!!! Love this idea, so perfect for organizing a baby's closet. Brilliant gift idea, and they are so fun and cheerful. Your friend will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these. They are so adorable. Where did you find the stickers? I have a cousin that just had a baby and I'm going to make these up and send them with a cute outfit. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karli, they are adorable! Love the embellishing. I have never seen this idea before. Your friend will flip over them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stickers are all from Jolee's. They have the prettiest things! You can find them at Michael's, JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby- most scrapbook stores--- even Target!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have definitely inspired me today Karli! I'm hoping to make some of these for all my granddaughter's clothes that are hanging in her closet. It will help me a lot when I'm trying to figure out what will fit her next!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin