Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pumpkin Fun

Hi friends,
It's that most wonderful time of year once again! Yes... PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE IS BACK AT STARBUCKS!!! Yaaaaay! (that's what you were thinking, right???) Ohhhh, I luv me some PSL- so yummy! Well, it's also Halloween time, which is another of my fav times of the year. It's fun, and best of all, there's loads of chocolate to be found :)
So for my first card of the season, I thought I'd start with a bang...er... make that a POP!

Here's the outside:
 (The binder clip is just to hold the card closed.) This cutie is a digi stamp called Pumpkin Marcy from La La Land Crafts. The pumpkins beside her are from the set Carved & Candlelit from SU.

Here's a closer peek:

Now for the innies:
POP!!!
 It's an XL pumpkin growing in front of that haunted house!

Here's a side peek:

A closer peek:
 You might have noticed it's made from one of my fav dies- the 3D ball. I have definitely gotten my money's worth with this die cuz I've made lots of different things with it :) I added flower soft for the soil & the leaves are a Spellbinders border die (that I picked up on clearance ;) The grass was made with the MS grass die.


Yes, it does fold down flat & all the parts lie flat too :) as the beautiful hand model is showing you...
I'll be adding a sign/sentiment later once I figure out who it's going to! My son's teacher? My grammy??  IDK (as my son will text). Hehehe.

I used Carly's sketch for my card:
I'll also be playing along with the following challenges:

Anything Goes: Die cuts or punches or both
City Crafter: We are going 3D
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers: Anything Goes
The Shabby Tea Room: Inspiration Pic- Shabby Autumn
The Pink Elephant: Trick or Treat

That's all for today. Thanks so much for peeking!

17 comments:

  1. What a pretty card. And all those lovely details. Great job.

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this card, it is soooo very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning and amazing card. the front is gorgeous and the inside is amazing great stuff!! Thanks for playing at anything goes this week hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow thats looks amazing, my DD was in the room when I was looking at it and she wanted to know how you would post it, it will go flat says I and there you are showing it in the next picture!
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time and we hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!! what a brilliant project ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB ... I love this card and the way you have decorated it ... brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic creation
    Love it
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute and clever card ... WOW! Thanks for sharing your creation with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an original card! So impressive, and one that is sure to be much appreciated by whoever is lucky enough to get it. Thanks for joining in with the Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this week - Good Luck!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...I love it. Love the little girl, the pumpkins and pop goes the pumpkin inside...everything about it is very creative and very cute. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is FABULOUS, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor! This is totally AMAZING!!!!!! Girlfriend, you really are an artist!! SO creative!!!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable! I am also celebrating that Tim Horton has my beloved Pumpkin Spice Muffins again! The most wonderful time of the year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH my stars.. This is sooooo wonderful.. I love it.. The way that the pumpkin pops up is genius.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow wow wow this is stunning love the pumpkin and the little flags so cute thanks for joining us for PTW 4th Birthday hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow - your card is amazing! Such a nice suprise to see what was inside! Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tearoom

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooooooo CUTE and CLEVER! LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karli, your card is sooo darn cute!!!!!! I would love to have purchased that die when SU had it and meant to, and now its no longer available!!!!! I could see a whole realm of different cards being made using that die. Love the colors and the layout. You did an awesome job!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin