Thursday, May 5, 2011

D2D: Pail of Flowers

Hola Friends,
Happy Cinco de Mayo! or as some like to call it: Cinco de Drunk-O! Today commemorates the Battle of Puebla where the Mexican Army defeated the much better equipped & larger, French army. Ok, so the French came back & knocked their lights out later, but we celebrate the "David over Goliath" underdog win of the Mexican army. Most people I know spend the day celebrating with Coronas, Tequila, & margaritas! Ah well...

Today, I get to give you a sneak peek at the next image for the progressive challenge at Designed2Delight! Since it's the beginning of the month, this beautiful image will be available FREE for 1 week beginning tomorrow on Faith's blog & the progressive challenge begins!

Here's my card:
 This is a truly lovely image. It just begs to be watercolored, but I went the Copic route :) I wanted the soft feel of watercoloring so I used the lightest Copic colors which were last year's new releases. I printed the image 3 times in 3 different sizes! I know I'm a maniac that way ;) but I wanted the flowers in the pail to overflow a bit more so I used a slightly larger size to layer over the base image. (That's the BEAUTY of digi images :) Then the third set, I used to accent around the image. The paper (which oh my gooooodness, is so gorgeous!) matched Faith's image seamlessly... happy sigh...
Here's a closer peek:
and yes, I went crazy with my Viva Decor Pearl pen again ;) (I reeeeally should seek help for my addiction!)
The sentiment is stamped on the satin ribbon with VersaCraft ink. It is *perfect* for stamping on fabrics & it won't smudge & smear. I also paper pieced (a la digi) the sweet little quilt.

You can find all the deets to the progressive challenge on the brand spanking new & redesigned D2D blog---> Here. Grab it tomorrow & play along!

My card is hobnobbing with the following challenges:
The Sweet Stop: Sketch SSS106
Fun For Challenges: Lots of Flowers
Simon Says Stamp: Paper Piecing
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Tip Top Tuesday: Open Challenge (Anything Goes)
Craft Your Passion- Anything Goes
Sparkles Forum Challenges: Anything Goes

Thanks so much for peeking today... and everyday!
Adios!




The 411
Copic Recipe: Flowers:V0000, B0000, R0000, G0000, BG0000, B0000 G20, G24, G40 Pail: C3, C1, C00
Stamps: Pail of Flowers (digi)- Designed2Delight, Delightful Dahlia- PTI
Ink: VersaCraft ink: Real Black
Paper: Couture Collection- SEI, Pink Pirouette- SU, Neenah White CS
Tools: Beaded Ovals- Spellbinders
Other: Copics, Viva Decor Pearl Pen, Pearls- SEI, ribbon

14 comments:

  1. So pretty. Love the colors, popped flowers, and pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is soo cute! I love all of it. Thanks for playing along on For Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Beautiful papers and image! Wonderfully coloured!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very delicate and sweet. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card I love the delicate colours
    Thanks for joining in at SFC this time

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word what a stunning card this is!! The soft colours work perfectly with the image. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Papertake Weekly this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous! I love the pearly touches, so pretty. Your soft coloring is lovely, I'm not good at the soft coloring, need to case these colors and give it a try. We celebrated with quesadillas and chips and salsa (the small people aren not very adventurous eaters)! A Corona sounds good though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!  Hope to see you again next week!

    Hugs
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card looks soooo beautiful & delicate x

    Thanks for joining us @ For Fun Challenges & Good Luck x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the softness of these colours! Almost looks like it was done on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First time on your blog. Some lovely and exquisite creations here. Love the way you embellish your cards.
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    ENT Surgeon and Avid Crafter
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning, just stunning and how clever to vary the flower sizes
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my, this is gorgeous! Beautiful soft colors...perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin