Thursday, March 10, 2011

Celebrating You

Hi friends,
I've been so busy with school stuff since report cards are due. It's so seriously cutting into my lovely crafternoons which i don't likey at all :(  Maybe I should just give them all A's :) What do you think??? Ah well, I was able to get this card in for a few challenges this week.
Here's my card:
This is a beautiful image from the Friendship Jar Spring Fillers stamp set from Papertrey Ink. It's colored with Copics YR12, YR15, YR18, YG93, YG95, YG97, and shadowed with C1.
I usually cringe away from oranges (no, not the fruit- the color :) but it's one of the colors for this week's CR84FN color challenge:
So this particular color challenge was really a challenge! But I guess that's why it's called a color challenge and not a color simple, right? ;)
I also distressed the edges a bit with my Tonic (T!m Holtz) distress tool for this week's Papertrey Ink Challenge #5: Distressing Edges
and used this week's sketch at JUGS.

Thanks so much for peeking today! I've gotta go back to school stuff now.
Gotta Go!




The 411
Stamps: Friendship Jar Spring Fillers, Inside & Out Birthday- PTI
Ink: Memento black & Rich cocoa, Creamy Brown- Colorbox
Paper: Terra Cotta Tile, Kraft- PTI, Mira- K&Company, Neenah cream
Tools: Copics, Butterfly punch- MS, Tonic Distressing tool
Other: Viva Decor Pearl Pen- Gold, Ribbon -PTI, Stardust glitter pen

21 comments:

  1. So pretty! You did an amazing job coloring those tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great flowers, I love how you have used the bow to "tie" them together! I have something for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go ahead and give them all A's, you'd be the most popular teacher in the school! Love this one, OMG the coloring is spectacular! Love the pearl pen details, too. Orange is my fave, lol, so funny that you usually avoid it. You should embrace orange, cause you rocked this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karli,
    Just wanted to let you know that the DT over at Delightful Challenges have chosen you to be ou next Guest DT over at Digital Delights. Please email me at marwhall@sbcglobal.net so we can make arrangements.
    Hugs
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not an orange (color) person either, but your bouquet is stunning. Beautiful coloring. Ribbon is fab too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely STUNNING - love the bouquet - I can almost smell the flowers. Delightful and a wonderful job for CR84FN too! Thanks for gettin' sketchy with JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Love those blooms, your patterned paper and how you adorned the edges of your panels! I laughed when I read that the report cards are cutting into your crafternoons :] All As?! LOL They would LOVE it, huh?

    Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Karli! This card is GORGEOUS! You did an amazing job coloring those beautiful tulips! So happy the orange didn't scare you away! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Karli, this is GORGEOUS!!! Your coloring of the tulips is just fabulous!!! And I ADORE what you've done with the sketch!!! FABULOUS!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THOSE flowers look sooooooooooo positively REAL - I'd be sneezing {if I had allergies...! WHICH, thank goodness, I don't.. but I'm JUST sayin'... heh heh} THIS card is outrageous! WHAT splendid use of color - I'm suddenly warmer and less depressed! {Ain't color WONDERFUL!} Gosh, I adore this card and your stellar use of the JUGS sketch! THANK you soooooo very much, for sharing your talent with JUST US GIRLS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, just like a breath of fresh air:) Love your coloring of the blooms. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is BEAUTIFUL! I love your orange tulips!! The colouring is just gorgeous :) Thanks for sharing this at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous color Karli! I love the sketch and love the gold accents you added around the edge- it that a gold pearl pen??? Cool....!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karli, your coloring is so FAF! And I LOVE those little studs you outlined the top half of your card with! SUPER card! Glad you got over your orange dislike and played with us this week at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is beautiful!! Love your coloring...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HOLY MOLY! That is some perfect coloring right there! Love how you used the wide ribbon to wrap your bouquet! Spectacular card!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The colours of this card turned out fantabulous! I really like how you coloured the flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful bunch of flowers and I love the big satin bow!!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sure your students would love A's! In support of your craft time only,of course! ;) This car is lovely! Love your metallic penwork details. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls last week. I hope you'll join us again this week for acrylic smash!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning, Karli! Your tulips are just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for CR84FN.. congrats on making the Top 3!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin