Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hi CAS

Hi friends,
I've been on a bit of a CAS kick lately & I've rather enjoyed it. --> gasp! *Ü* Don't get me wrong, it is still my Kryptonite but I think I'm appreciating the challenges I find in a CAS design.

I am a very literal person when it comes to sketches & things of that sort.  If the sketch contains a flower element, I'm adding a flower element to my card! So to CASE a card & not duplicate it exactly is quite hard for me. But I want to grow as a card maker & crafter, so I find myself tackling things I've shied away from in the past.

The Challenge: How do I keep the basic design & feel of this CASE Study card & yet put my own spin on it?

Here's my take:
I used the CB Love Triangle embossing folder for the triangle element. I took the colors on the card, pulled out matching inks & lightly splattered them across the card. I die cut the letters " hi" & popped them on the little black banners. Then, I added a bit of faux stitching detail to them. I added a little red heart to dot the "i" & added Glossy Accents to it. Then I took some pearls, colored them with Copics & scattered them on the card.

I think the end result pays homage to the original card & still has my own little touches to it. I probably should have chosen something other than triangles- Lol,  but it's all about the baby steps *Ü* What do you find challenging in your crafty ways? What's your Craft Kryptonite?

I'll be playing along in the following challenges:
A.R.T Card Challenge: Anything Goes
Stampin for the Weekend: Anything Goes
Crafts and Me: Anything Goes
Divas by Design: Pearls
Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today!
Tootles!

The 411
Paper: Neenah white cs, black cs, Hawaiian Shores cs, Kiwi Kiss cs, Real Red cs
Ink: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Pretty in Pink, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight- SU
Accs: Love Triangle Cuttlebug embossing folder, pearls, modern alphabet dies- PTI, banner dies- MFT

8 comments:

  1. I am the same way Karli...on a CAS kick lately, and the more of them I make, the more I am enjoying it...surprises me too! Love this one! Thanks for joining us again at the A.R.T. Challenge for our "Anything Goes"! ~Cheryl, Senior DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab take on the sketch. The EF is perfect and I love the splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super job! I really like that embossing file, it looks great. And the splatter of paint is a very cool idea, nice! Thanx for playing along with us at A.R.T. Hope you come back again soon! Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so clever Karli to put that HI as a highlight...I love your interpretation to the card/Photo of card challenge...great card dear Karli and thanks for visiting me I am really happy...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super stylish card - love the effect of the ink splatters.
    Thanks for playing with The Divas this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the embossing folder you used. The sentiment pops too. Thanks for playing along at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card! Love the great design!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Love the embossed background with the splatter! The letters on the banners are pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin